xisto Community
Zero Ziat

Windows Crashing. Can't Use Opera Or Firefox deleted files in temp folder

Windows has been acting strangely by now, it freezes/clogs badly, I can't use Opera, MF or continue my tutorials due to this problem. It gets on my nerves as I think it was MY problem because I deleted MOST of the files in the Temp folder.

(Start>Run...>%Temp%)

That folder, most of the files were deleted by me. I consulted my friend by half-screwed MSN, he said I "effed me up the *bottom*" by doing that.

He recommended me backing up and formatting. I never did that before so I think it will be most-likely half-impossible for me.

And as I don't have a floppy writer in my laptop, I can't write floppy disks. It is really impossible to manage to do this, I need help desesperately.

More stuff that I did:

I've ran avast! AntiVirus.

I've ran Advanced WindowsCare V2 Home.

I noticed there weren't System Restore files before to the Temp folder content deletion.

I got nervous.

Is there a possible solution? My friend told me there was a problem with my firmware and that my hardware was actually arguing to itself.

HELP.

ADMINS: Excuse me, I just noticed I posted in the Free Web Hosting SUPPORT forums, could you be so glad of moving it to the Computer Section maybe? Thanks by now, Zero. :)

Notice from jlhaslip:
Moved per request

Edited by OpaQue (see edit history)

My advice is 100% guaranteed to solve your problem, and this is no advertising for another forum.Go here: http://www.processlibrary.com/en/ then go to their forums, sign up as a member, under HJT logs post a new topic describing precisely your problem, they should tell you how to fix it. These guys are more than pros in computers. I tried them more than once in resolving issues like you have, and they appeared to be the right guys for this job. And the best of all, it is all free, you pay nothing. I couldn't beleive my eyes when I was cured from an adware that attacked my computer.If you want to solve your problem, and to solve it quickly and in a right way, then I suggest you go to this forum as soon as you read those ligns.Let me know how everything goes, Regards.

Hi zero ziat,

I think by deleting the content of Temp's folder is not effect your operating system. Because the function of temp (like it's name temporer) is only store the temporer data. If you run Disk clean up, all the content of this folder will be deleted to by Windows.

I think, there is another problem!. May be your computer is infected by Virus or some malicious program. Update your antivirus definition file to make sure. Or you're not deleted the content of Temp folder, but Another like Application Data or Local Settings. That's two folder are very important since they kept the information setting about the software.

If there is no viruses found, just try to reinstalling the Windows and the Software that can't run.

Or you can recover the files that have been deleted by using special software like Norton UnErase Wizard or Undelete Professional. But the successfull of this methode depend on "how often do you boot your Windows since you delete the file?". If you often, probably the deleted files has been overwriten!. But try it first may be your files still recovered!.

Hope's Help!! :)

We need the system specs of your computer to figure out your problem properly.Masterio is correct deleting the files in temp folders is pointless.I suggest getting the following programs Ram DEF (free), this program is used to clean up your computer's ram and be able to get more out of it without slowing your computer down.Next get a Advance system optimizer or something simlar to that effect with this you can optimize your computer system to run a bit smoother as well.Also Defrag your drive every couple of weeks to sort out the files that are mixed around your computer system. This usually helps speed up the computer. Then run the system disk clean. Next step would be to start deleting programs you never use anymore. Next go though your hard drive and look for non system empty folders and delete those as well.Then of course check for spyware, adware and all that other stuff. Also sometimes you need to defrag your computer registry as well because sometimes it contributes to a slow computer.Lucky for you Advance System Optimizer has all those programs you need to clean your computer minus hte spyware and adware. catch is that it's not free.their is no order to do this but it's the best solution to the point that you have to ask a computer tech to look at your computer and figure out what is wrong with it.