xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
karlo

What's Up Everyone? It's Me. so sad...

It's been... i think more than 6 months since my last post here in Xisto. How's everyone doing?I miss the old days in front of my computer. Everyday when I wake up, the first thing I do is to post here because aside the wonderful hosting services, there's a wonderful community here :)I don't know what happened to my computer because I over clocked it. And, it also damaged my other memory card, and a smoke appears inside the CPU! But somehow i'm thankful because, because of computes, I didn't have a wonderful social life and to experience life outside the house. Now my social life is .. okay. Always meeting new people everyday . :)Now, what's up with Xisto and what's new? Can someone please update me what's happening? How's the hosting? I think i'm also not updated with technologies nowadays at least 2-4 times a week I login but you know, Friendster, chatting, not the whole routine I do in front of my computer, like this, posting in the forums, because it consumes most of my time. The Community Boards.Shocking. Macromedia and Adobe are merged together. Can someone update me on this?What's up with Firefox? Please update me, although I use Firefox 2 here in the Internet Cafe, i downloaded it :PWhat's up with Windows XP and Microsoft?And, I hope my Dad give me his new laptop. I want to transform it into a Video Editing and PHP Making machine. Any suggestions in the hardware and software? I want a wonderful and stable editing laptop machine.Before i am using Ulead MediaStudio Pro 7. Whatls up with version 8? Does it support multipe camera angles? What kind of video editor to use? I wanted to try Avid or Edius (canopus). But what version? Help. Is it right to use it and is it worth it?And finally, what's up with PHP? :P I miss creating scripts and making websites.By the way, i was making a business card, I tried photoshop 8 and my god it's difficult to use!!!!! How to use photoshop?! It's not friendly. Do you think PhotoImpact is friendlier than Photoshop 8? It's a lot easier to understand... But i think Adobe products are powerful. How about AfterEffects? Also difficult to use ... and is Combustion, is it always popular than AfterEffects and do many people use it?Thanks and God bless! I miss everything! :P

a lot of the stuff you were saying, I have no ideas about.. I do like firefox though, it's all we use here at my house. it is SO much better than IE. You can even go to the firefox page and download skins and all kinds of plugins so its extremely customizable.. about photoshop 8, I havent used it, but I have a hard time with photoshop in general. The only photoshop that was fairly easy for me was photoshop elements.. my husband prefers the Gimp actually. he'd rather use gimp than photoshop anyday...I have no clue about php.. I never quite brought myself to getting into that. im pretty much strictly html, its all i know.. lol.. that is totally awful about your computer but im guessing its working again now? thats good. I need a new computer really bad... but anyways, im really new to this forum so I'm looking forward to talking to all kinds of people!!

Hi there, I have not seen you before because I registered just over a month ago. The routine of waking up and posting is really amazing, but for me I find it more of a strain than anything. I do not have the mood to post once I wake up for some reason or another. With regards to Xisto, as far as I am concerned. It is still providing the marvellous free hosting service for us and the community here is still as great. I don't know anything about Firefox because I am supposed to be using the latest version and it is only 1.5.0.7Is Photoshop 8 the newer version of Photoshop CS 8 because often I get confused.

Hello it's me again. It seems that not everyone replied to my post in this site http://forums.xisto.com/topic/42003-whats-up-everyone-its-me-so-sad/

Please do answer my questions like:

Now, what's up with Xisto and what's new? Can someone please update me what's happening? How's the hosting? I think i'm also not updated with technologies nowadays at least 2-4 times a week I login but you know, Friendster, chatting, not the whole routine I do in front of my computer, like this, posting in the forums, because it consumes most of my time. The Community Boards.
Shocking. Macromedia and Adobe are merged together. Can someone update me on this?

What's up with Firefox? Please update me, although I use Firefox 2 here in the Internet Cafe, i downloaded it smile.gif

What's up with Windows XP and Microsoft?

And, I hope my Dad give me his new laptop. I want to transform it into a Video Editing and PHP Making machine. Any suggestions in the hardware and software? I want a wonderful and stable editing laptop machine.

Before i am using Ulead MediaStudio Pro 7. Whatls up with version 8? Does it support multipe camera angles? What kind of video editor to use? I wanted to try Avid or Edius (canopus). But what version? Help. Is it right to use it and is it worth it?

And finally, what's up with PHP? smile.gif I miss creating scripts and making websites.

By the way, i was making a business card, I tried photoshop 8 and my god it's difficult to use!!!!! How to use photoshop?! It's not friendly. Do you think PhotoImpact is friendlier than Photoshop 8? It's a lot easier to understand... But i think Adobe products are powerful. How about AfterEffects? Also difficult to use ... and is Combustion, is it always popular than AfterEffects and do many people use it?

Thanks and God bless! I miss everything!

Thanks guys again! :)

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
PM sent to user for promoting own post and posting in the wrong section. This is one of the reasons why topic title is VERY important. Posts merged.

Hello it's me again. It seems that not everyone replied to my post in this site http://forums.xisto.com/topic/42003-whats-up-everyone-its-me-so-sad/
Please do answer my questions like:
Thanks guys again! :)

well..i can't tell you "what's up" with half of what you asked...but i can say that you shouldn't try to use photoshop 8 without taking a class unless you're good at figuring out things on your own heh. I used photoshop 7 for all my editing needs, made a business card look pretty snazzy in 2 minutes! lol photoshop 7 is alot easier to teach yourself to use then photoshop 8 or maybe i'm just a genius, who knows. either sounds good to me :]

as with macromedia and adobe all we know at this time is that the merge has happen any changes to websites or softeware is not known at this time.

To keep some update use this link

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

with firefox last i know it patch at version 1.5.0.7 FF2 is still being debug of course those who have downloaded the beta version havn't such much at least on here.

Windows XP who knows Microsoft $$$ with the vista system coming out next year. Microsoft Office 2007 is coming out shortly and who knows what else.

video editing software use this link

http://www.pcmag.com/category2/0,2806,4835,00.asp.

With PHP editing you can turn oyur computer into a sever using xampp to test out your scripts and what not. Their is a few other turn your own computer into servers software is out there as well.

Word has it that PHP 5 is out in beta stage as to help clean it up a bit and osme other sutff check out php.com

I would recommend getting Photoshop CS2 since it is the current verison.

I recommend checking out these sites to learn on how to design.

pixel2life.com, gamerenders.com, chaosgfx.com

This whould help you out karlo.

Considering Macromedia got gobbled up by Adobe... like all other major company merges acquisitions, etc etc.. It takes a while for the taken over brand to be assumed into the parent company should they decide not to operate the purchased company as a separate unit.I type in Macromedia.com today, and it just redirects to Adobe.com.. But still, Dreamweaver, Fireworks and etc may say "Macromedia" now.. but the later releases will likely to say "a division of Adobe ltd" etc etc.. Although already, theres a "Adobe flash player" logo.. which is branded as Adobe as such.. but dreamweaver and co on adobes site is just labelled as "Dreamweaver" for the time being.Other from that, I'd recommend use firefox for sure.. multiple tabs and all.