xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sylenzednuke

My Latest Sig New technique used; please rate it.

Hi all, I haven't done graphics for like 1 month and so no practice and absolutely no graphic work except for one avatar, which also turned out to be crap.

I tried some new technique in this one which I never used until now in any of my sigs.

Please rate it on a scale of 10.

Posted Image

All comments, suggestions and criticisms accepted. Thanks.

:)

Edited by sylenzednuke (see edit history)

I'd say bring that border down to maybe just a 1px border, and try blending in your text and logo more. I like the glossy effect on the background, try to incorporate that with the text...

Definitely not my style, but I'll try to be objective.Does it need to be so - big? It's larger than most, and it doesn't seem to be doing enough to justify that added size...The background's ok, the logo's good, and the font works. It's pretty much all size and making all the elements feel necessary, in my opinion.

it's too big to be a sig. i think the the bg is the best part of it. otherwise it looks like all you've done is a lense flare, text and a logo, then wrapped it up in a bulky border. try putting the logo behind the lense flare layer. otherwise i think it would be better to just get rid of the border. looks too chunky with it. then save it as a .png so the transparency stays without you loosing quality.

A few little things just off the top of my head: try bringing out your name "sylenzednuke" a bit more. Perhaps a brighter border around the text, or a color of starker contrast against the black.As was previously mentioned, the sig is also a tad large and the border does look quite chunky. The background is fitting but looks a little too blurred. Perhaps shrink the text and bring out the background some more?

Edited by dreus (see edit history)

I'm not sure i like it but i know i don't not like it. I guess im more into tractors and cops and things. I think that anyone with a punk type mind would like it a few suggestions - Make the border smaller, make the backround stand out, make the name a different color and blend some thigns. On the other hand you did a great time using a new skill. :)