xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
husker

Amish School Girls Killed

I really don't understand what is happening in the USA. Every now and then someone takes hostage or just goes to school and starts a massacre. I think the guverment should do something. It simply isn't something to be tolerated, even more forgiven. This time the killer isn't another kid, but still this is a horrible crime.

I think its amazing that the Amish can forgive a man who killed their innocent children. The world needs to be like more like that.

I don't think so. What if everybody just started forgiving everyone for every crime ever? I could go out in the street and kill someone, but that's okay! Everyone forgives me. Criminals should be punished.

I totaly agree with you. Forgiven isn't good at all. If his morality hasn't stoped him from killing all that inocent kids at least the law, by it's punishment, should give an example. Capital punishment would be the right thing to do. By forgiving you are just encouraging more rampages like this one.

Am I missing something? I've read quite a few responses with words such as, we should be more like the Amish and forgive people for killing peopl... That's way wrong! Why would you forgive someone for killing your heir, you child that you brought into the world and he so rudely took from you! I'm not on the Amish's side at all in that aspect. On the other hand, it was a terrible thing to do even in an urban society like ours much less a peace loving one like theirs. Does anyone know why he did it? That was a terrible thing indeed to do to any community and to any school. As long as it never happens again it'll be fine I guess, but it will becaus ethey forgave him and let him run free. Guess the society will still have to deal with one idiot....

Aw.. what a terrible story, amish or not ... They are a peaceable people, and they certainly don't invite any comotion into their community. It think this story speaks volumes about their forgiveness and their ability to move on, becuase they live a more natural life, closer to the earth. If we all lived closer with the earth, we could all forgive each other for anything.

I would never forgive anyone for the murder of my kid. Noone has the right to kill the kid i gave a life to. Even if my kid did something wrong it's not a readon to take away his life. Besides i'm pretty sure that these amish girls were innocent.Such people as that milkman desrve death penalty, like all the criminals who take away other people lives.