xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kkrizka

Suspense A Stylistic Device?

Hello,I have this assignment for school where I am supposed to go through a novel and find at least 10 different examples of stylistic devices used by the author. Right in the first page there is this bit about this killer lurking around a big conference and the author writes "And there was a good chance it would kill today." This is a good example of suspense, except I am not sure if suspense counts as a stylistic device. Does anyone know if it does?

I'm not 100% certain. I think it was mentioned in my high school English, but that was 7 years ago, so don't go trusting this ancient person's memory.

]Wikipedia doesn't list it, and while Allegory and Contrast MAY be similar, the article suggests Stylistic Devices rely mostly on tricks of language such as Alliteration or Simile.

Google didn't seem to be much help, either.

When is the assignment due? Can you ask your teacher for clarification on this point?

It's due in a couple of days so I will double check with the teacher later if I need to. I also checked wikipedia before, and didn't find it. But then different sites seem to have different lists. If I don't find any more examples and will need more to fill my quota of 10, then I'll check if it's a stylistic device. It'll be my back up for now.