xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ProtoMan

How Can I Use My Dot Tk Domain Name ?

I registered a free dot tk domain name at here :http://www.dot.tk/en/index.html?lang=enBut how can I use it ? I tried to change the domain name at the process page but when I tried to access my site , a strange site showed up.If you are using a Dot TK domain name , please teach me , thank you.

Edited by ProtoMan (see edit history)

I suggesst you using .co.nr domains, one problem is that they have a static website title on every page but if its your eprsonal website, then you can just like add your name there.It slows down the loading process too but is faster than .tk and has no ads.

I have another question about Got TK , too. Can you tell me how can I log in to my account there ? When I registered I typed for the password about 30 letters long but when I tried to log in from there , I can only type 15 characters. What is going on ? What should I do next ? Please help me , thank you.

Note : Sorry but I likw DOT TK more than co.nr , it is shorter and also I know how to remove ADs. Please help me.

Man, the .co.nr is the best free domain service with a lot of addions, dot.tk is good in only one thing, it has a mail forwarder... nothing more.. Listen other people... Listen to this... Before I opened an account at .co.nr, I had domain on dot.tk... And sometimes when I was trying to open my site, strange things was happend, I ended on dot.tk home page, or a diferent page, I saw for a first time... Tk is a bad free domain provider. That is my opinion...

Instead of paying to .tk why can't you buy domain from Xisto. They offer cheap domains. I would be buying one when my site's traffic increase. And if you want to use a free domain then as suggested by many others go for .co.nr and show a small ad on first page.

well seing as there now selling .tk as a top level domain as well you could always upgrade from a free account to there paid one where you can then set it to the Xisto nameservers (ns1.trap17.com, ns2.trap17.com) and go to the process page and set the domain to your .tk domain but it would still be cheaper to biuy a .com or.net domain than .tk paid domain.

Well, tk domains are getting more and more messy. Years ago it was really good for people with no founds to pay for a good domain or just for personal sites, testing, etc.Now when you enter a tk domain I think that a popup is showed... then you go to a black site with an advertisement of any type and you have to click the link to follow to your website (I?m not sure but maybe waiting a few seconds, it goes automatically). Finally yous ite is loaded but you have a black top frame (I think you can customize the colour) of dot.tk. Yes, it?s a bit tiring but don?t know, they say that with those domains you help the island o Toukelau, etc, etc. I would like to know to what extent is this true.If you follow steps, you shouldn?t have problems entering your site. Only that the redirection doesn?t make instantaneously. You have to wait a while (in any case, not more than an hour).