xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sweet_princess

How Do I Make A Website

A good way to start building a website IMO is to familarise yourself with the basics of web designing. Small things such as <head><body> and then formatting tags such as <B><I> and from there you go on slowly to bigger things like tables, css, div ... etc Start reading tutorials and get yourself ready. A good site to read it from is http://www.w3schools.com/, a very useful site for beginners to many new things. Understand the basics is the most important thing and then you can move on :)

if you can downlaod dreamweaver, you can design in there and it does the coding. also if you want you could get onto freewebs.com and use there templates, there easy to mod and everything. but in the long run you are better off to learn html, then css and then when you get into it php. lol i was about to say look for a good host but this is one :).

It can be very simple!!!
For example, if you are not good in HTML, CSS and all other stuff, you can do it easy way. Download a template, you can find one with GOOGLE, and then, find a help in GOOGLE again, or a tutorial about HTML ccripts. You can download Eversoft 1st webpage if you do not have expirience in programing sites, it has a lot of scripts reday for use, or you can work your pages in Macromedia Dreamweaver, a new version is 8, but if you do not know anything about codes and programming, you should for start use Microsoft Publisher 2003, and help provided with it... It should be easy...

Hey i wouldn't recomend starting off with a template. I think what you should do is look for HTML tutorials so that you can learn the basic and know what you are doing in templates. Then you can start getting into more stuff. You don't start off in a template if you have no idea what you are doing. You need to learn the language first.

If you need any help i'm a web designer, its my job. My email is williamm@clubnet-host.com don't be shy. I will help.

- i think sarting with forum 2 clicks.next cms with mysql and php ... changing themes .... blocks... modules.. - finish next time create theme and adapt to cms example joomla.

best way in my opinion is go to http://www.webs.com/ and fool around with it. keep it simple by just writing your name and publishing your website. then make your name bigger and bold and publish(save on freewebs). then try adding a picture. they make it very easy to create a website with their wysiwyg(what you see is what you get) editor. the foold around adding more stuff and try moving your information around(especially pictures where you want them. i believe free webs make it easy to move pictures around with drag and drop features.

what i would do at this point after you fool around with your new easy to create website is to click on the html editor and view your code(SEE??? you don't need to know any code to create a website) try to compare the code you see to what you created and you will see some easy to recognize codes that actually created your website.

although seeing the code may still be confusing, google "html tutorials". there are a few good websites out there that give very easy to use tutorials and hands on lessons online that are FREE.

go through the basic tutorials and apply them to your freewebs website. when you feel comfortable, go through the advanced lessons and tutorials and try to apply what you learned on your website through freewebs. PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE. soon, you will have a website exactly the way you want it where you can then show it off to your friends and family.

this is how i learned. some people learn faster than others so just be patient. after a year or so, you wont need a wysiwyg editor and will be able to write code free hand and use alot of the tools that are already written in to your html editor to create websites faster and create cleaner code and include a lot more advanced features for your website.

if anyone is new to creating a website, this is how i learned. give it a year to master the basics to the semi advanced stratagies. you have to be persistent and dedicated and spend at least an hour a day learning. don't give up and don't go too long without learning or you will forget wht you already learned.

First things first, There should be a particular reason for starting a website.If its just to have a presence felt on the net then U just need basic stuff. If e com, or earning, or selling a product is the thing you'll need advanced stuff.First u need web space.Trap 17 provides ample space.Even a 20 mb space is sufficient to have a basic site(package 1)Then you will need to star building a site.If you are not really good with codes you can always switch to a WYSIWYG editor like dreamweaver or frontpage or Expression Web.Start entering whatever u want on the site.Most important now is to publish ur site.You should best publish the site from the editor if u have some forms which need frontpage extensions for the forms to work.Now you are all set to have your own website.Increase ur activity on the forums and collect 280 hosting credits or more & u can have ur own top level domain for free....