xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
special

Phpbb Plus, How To Setup Mailing I badly need help configurating it.

Hello, I woud like some support and advise how I need to configure the phpbb plus forum. I installd it and well basic mail function dusent work. And I saw you people give away stmp mail accounts.Now coud I use 1 of those adresses in the forum?Use SMTP Server for emailSay yes if you want or have to send email via a named server instead of the local mail function Yes No SMTP Server Address SMTP UsernameOnly enter a username if your SMTP server requires it SMTP PasswordOnly enter a password if your SMTP server requires it Plz woud some 1 advise me on this mather thanks in advance :)

Hello, I woud like some support and advise how I need to configure the phpbb plus forum. I installd it and well basic mail function dusent work. And I saw you people give away stmp mail accounts.

Problem resolved via email.

Essentially, do not insert any information in the SMTP settings of the phpbb configuration page and the process will use the default settings for the server on which the install is made.

Specific directions were as follows:

"I checked on my phpbb forum and there is -- nothing -- in the smtp settings at all. Maybe that's the problem, by setting something in the data fields for the smtp settings, the default server mail settings may be all confused.

Go to the Admin Panel of your phpbb2 forum, select configuration, down near the bottom of the configuration page, remove all the smtp settings and have someone use the email feature or the
registration to see if this fixes it. As serverph said in the forum, usually, this is set automaticlly, so don't force the software to do anything might make it work."

Exactly correct.