xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
beastjordan

Banner The devils forum banner

IMHO, the signature-banner is better than what you have posted.The text is not that readable and the cartoon or comic is not that good.If you create your own banners, try GIMP for more stylish and free image manipulation and making.Nice try though. :)

I have to agree with AeonLan, the text is very hard to read as you've put bright red on a bright red background. Try adding a stroke around the text in black, or a glow like the one on your sig, to see if you can bring the edges of the text out a bit. The devil cartoon has a very rough edge to it, so try feathering it, or blending it in slightly with the background. A border would also work quite well, just to finish it off, even something simple like a 1px black stroke.

You need to improve a lot as there are many fundamental mistakes in your banner, first of all the choices of colours and that "devil" looks really like a happy stuffed toy.The text is really hardly visible because of the colour matching with the background.Try to add different effects to things, that might make your banner look better or wait did you even use a program like Photoshop or GIMP, I am telling you download GIMP and then everything would be a piece of cake, I have started experimenting with it and first it was tougher than Photoshop but now everything is working well but on that you will need hordes of practice but its worth that much time... :)

You need to improve a lot as there are many fundamental mistakes in your banner, first of all the choices of colours and that "devil" looks really like a happy stuffed toy.The text is really hardly visible because of the colour matching with the background.
Try to add different effects to things, that might make your banner look better or wait did you even use a program like Photoshop or GIMP, I am telling you download GIMP and then everything would be a piece of cake, I have started experimenting with it and first it was tougher than Photoshop but now everything is working well but on that you will need hordes of practice but its worth that much time... smile.gif

Exactly, GIMP is as powerful as Photoshop but it is free. You can find tutorials as many as PS tutorials and basically, you can import some brushes from PS to GIMP. :)

I happen to think different. The red represents the evil and blood which is pain in our daily lives. how can we live a society without pain? sory my english not very good i study not very much but i like you creative ideas. the red represents power also. the devil rules over the dead and punish them forever while bright colors represents peace. Is red stronger than light? I think so . Generally the devil is a falling angel if you mix two light colors it will slowly turn darker. how cool is that? so basically my point here is that your logo is very creative indeed. you can tell alot about it - its a very artistic master piece. Soon the future will develop and there will be lots of more computer art.