xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Bkag

Tv Presenter Richard Hammond In Critical Condition After Jet Car Crash! From Top Gear and Brainiac

Aww i am soo upset, I really hope he recovers, i really like this guy :)

TV presenter critical after crash

The presenter is being treated at Leeds General Infirmary
Top Gear presenter Richard Hammond is in a critical condition in hospital after a crash in a jet-powered car while filming for the programme.
The presenter, 36, was taken by air ambulance to Leeds General Infirmary which has a special neurological unit.

A North Yorkshire Ambulance Service spokesman said he was unconscious when they got to the scene and a hospital spokesman described him as "critical".

The BBC confirmed the presenter had been injured during a Top Gear shoot.

Inspector Mike Thompson, of North Yorkshire Police, said officers were dealing with the incident at Elvington airfield, a former RAF base, in North Yorkshire.

He said: "At 5.45pm this evening we received a report via the fire service of a male person trapped in what was described as an overturned jet car which had been driven on the airfield.

"The male occupant has received serious injuries and has been airlifted to hospital at Leeds."

The presenter was born in Birmingham, educated in Yorkshire and lives near Cheltenham.

In addition to presenting Top Gear for the BBC, he also fronted Brainiac on Sky One until recently.

Edited by Bkag (see edit history)

Nooooo! I loved that guy. He crashed doing the thing he loved most, driving.

I hope he gets better. :)

I was really sad when I heard the news. It seems his brain has taken some damage but the doctors are optimist about his recovery. I know him more for Brainiac then for Top Gear...At least, as keri-j wrote, he crashed doing the thing he loved the most - driving. It makes me remember how Steve Irwin died, doing the thing he liked the most. Really sad stories...I hope Richard Hammond will recover and I'll see him on Brainiac again as fast as possible.

Hoping he has a speedy recovery, which as I read recently is recovering fair well, and according to his neurologist, he has 'estimated' that he'll make a full recovery within 6 months

Yeah, the doctors have said his recovery is "Remarkable", he is now walking and talking but is abit unsteady on his feet. The latest recovery estimate is now about 2 months