xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mwbouwkamp

Waiting For My Website To Be Indexed

Does anyone know how long one usual has to wait untill their page is picked up by the google robot that adds your page? I already added my page a couple of weeks ago, but still my page is not showing up yet when I google myself. I understand that this might not be the fastest process, but it is really too bad that it has to take THAT long...

It all depends... I know my sites took a month or more to start appearing in Google's index. But even now that it's in there, any new pages that I'm adding to my site, sometimes take a month or more still to show up in the searches.I just learned about Google Sitemaps, and created one a couple weeks ago, which includes all the pages in the new version of my site. (Probably about 100 new pages or so), but they haven't been picked up yet either, so I'm not sure if that's helping yet or not... but it does day that Google is regularly downloading the newer versions of my sitemap, so I'm sure Google must be aware of the pages, they just haven't had time to send the spider along yet to index the rest.Anyway, if you don't find yourself showing up in Google... you can always try what I did. Get some related sites to link back to yours, or put your site into some webrings. That's all I did, and I was in Google without ever submitting my site to the search engine in the first place.

i'm NOT joking. it takes at least 8-12 weeks.after 8 weeks most search engines will just have your index page on fil weeks 8-12 they add the other pages. it can take longer for the whole site to be indexed.

My experience is that if you want that google indexes quickly your site, you must obtain at least an external link that points to your site. The more important it is the site (normally with bigger pagerank) before will visit your site the robot of Google, googlebot, and whatever the more connections aim at your site, better. Another very fast form so that google indexes your page generally is to put adsense in your page. Google needs to know the subject of your Web site to show the contextual announcements, so in three or four days, Google will index your page. I created a blog in Blogger with two posts, and nothing else to do I put it adsense. In three days already it was indexed. Also it is more probable that boot of google pass by your site if you update it every day. I believe that three weeks it is too much time without being indexed if beams some of the things that I have mentioned above.

I experienced some very good response to having Tutorials published here (and on other forums). Because of the activity on these forums, the bots hang around and pick up leads from them and I believe that has enhanced my site's bot activity a great deal.Also, your Hosting service can be an influence, too. A friend's site is with her ISP and has 'zero' bots. We suspect that the Host has banned them, whereas here at the trap, the Host encourages the Bots.