xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
PLaSMa

Making Websites As A Hobby

I used to just make websites for a hobby but now that i am in college, i actually am doing it for some extra cash. I started making my fraternities website for free and through that i actaully got a job at one of the local bars and restaurants to do their website and its working out quite nice. Some good extra spending money. Currenty the sites i have online are http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ (fraternity website), fffanatics.trap17.com (my personal website where i just experiment on scripts and such) and the restuarants site (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/).

Maybe you can help me i am looking for an php page where people can registrate on a sql database; things like name adress phone number e-gold account. If you know send a mail to elcontor@hotmail.com

Hm your really good at reskinning these forum templates, Am using phpbb plus as a main forum for my projects. And I hope you will help me with a reskin if you have the time ofcourse :)thanxs in advance ps : if you want 2 help me pm me ^^

I enjoy making forums and portals and just messing with the PHP code and see what i can do. If i find something useful ill post it on a modification forum :)Ive gone away from HTML, i dont like it for some reason.

I agree with you, after all that time html is useless and you can't bairly do anything with it. But its nice for starting website developers. Altho I want javascripts and html dead.To many ugly sites frontpage templates etc, there utherly useless to the internet, asp php msql mysql ssl etc the future ^^

i started making websites in html about 8 years ago, all hand coded and hosted on free webspace with ads. it was just for fun. I've only done a couple of paid web designs, mainly because i'm not that good at it these days, i haven't kept up to date with everything that is happening in web design

I make web sites as hobby too!!! Now while I am waiting for next semester in my school, I have decided to try to make web sites. Now, I learned a few things, and now I will try to make some money if that is possible from my hobby. First I was trying to make a site about flying, and to make connections with peoples who want to learn to fly, but noe I am making pages just for fun and I will try with these pages to reborn discoteqes here in my town... Because my town is a dead town for a last few months... So, making pages for me is definitly just a hobby!!!

:P I make websites for a hobby, it releases all the tension and it uses all my knowledge aswell! I make them for users to have fun and to experience new stuff, like being a moderator on a chat- or forum site!I enjoy my work and so does my users!I don't care to get money out of it, asslong as the people visiting my site have a real good time and enjoy my work! :)

i think this is a very good hobby for just about any bored person with no particular goal in life. in this case, me lol. I've had countless people say my gfx skills are something that can earn me some money later on in life. My tech apps teacher strongly encourages me to gain more knoledge, and to hopefully persue this as a career.

hey man this is really funny because... the first and the last links don't work and the second one is a forum... not a website... so i dont really see you in fact doing websites as a hobby :blink::wacko: anyway i try to do the same

have fun !