xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
AlternativeNick

Adsense Advise

hey, i was wondering if anyone could give me some advice... Im currently really interested in setting up adsense for my site, but id like some help deciding whether it would be good to add it to my site now, or if i should wait until it becomes more popular and/or i get a domain. if anyone would be willing to rate it, i would greatly appreciate it. the link is http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

thanks guys, i appreciate it xD

Adding Adsense is not related with popularity or domain of your site. I have just seen your site, it's good. 65 members, 621 posts, 101 topics sounds great. And when I has visiting your site one more person was online. So I think it's time to add adsense and also Google Analytics, as it gives a detailed analysis of visits to your site.

Everything that you must consider to add AdSense to your Web is the CTR (click to traverse rate). Whatever more visits you have, you will have probably more clicks, but still with few visits, AdSense can be used well if the visits <- snipped -> This is, if you have five hundred impressions of ads a day and twenty-five clicks, your CTR will be of 5%, and your gains will be around $20 per day. However, if you have fifty thousands impressions daily and two hundred fifty clicks, your CTR will be of 0,005%, and your gains will be of $10. This is just an example, and although without traffic there is nothing, is better few visits than click in the ad units, than many that does not do it. As far as the domain, Google gives more relevance to a domain than to a subdomain, but at these levels does not have too much importance. But if you are thinking to obtain your own domain, my advice is that you should do it the sooner as you can, because of all the advantages that you will lose when you make the change.}}

You are not allowed to encourage users to click on those ads..it's against their TOS....you can, however, try making those ads looking like content, so that users might click accidentally on them..I`m not sure though, if this technique is or not against their TOS--but I`ve seen many sites using it..tutorialized.com is an example;)

it is stated clearly in the tos that you are not allowed to click on your own ads. that is certainly why you got your account banned :lol:

Can anyone think of a way I can add addsense to my site http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ non-intrusivley? I want to add some adds to my site to make some money, but I don't want someone visiting my site and saying... ughh adds!

Its not clear what you want to do? If you want to add adsense then just go to adsense's site and register there, get the code and paste it to your site thats it. And if you want to add some banners of affiliate programs just search the site you will find many.

You also want to hide you ads from visitors. How is it possible? Which ever is in your site is visible to everyone. The best you can do is to choose the colours of borders and text of text ads in adsense so as to match with your site's theme.

You just have to place little ads at the bottom or your page or off to the site and make sure the colors match with your site's. You can't cover up the ads or you'll get banned.