xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dude_cool

Taken 5

It's a great game.Many new fighter's have been introduced to takken 5.Although the game is very good with good graphics,sound etc I feel that the game is a bit slow.A good thing about it is the new fighters with many new cool moves to show off.The new fighting and graphics engines are the heart and soul of Tekken 5. The game is an exact port of the Arcade version, and will easily give anything on Xbox a run for its money. To be honest, I was surprised that tekken 5 could look this good, it sweeps the feet from under any of the other tekken games out there. The fighting system maintains the four button control scheme, and it still plays silky-smooth. Not only does it control well, but the visceral feeling of power is very much intact. When you hit someone in Tekken 5, it looks like it hurt. The moves, like most Tekken titles, are easy enough to master, but timing will determine how much punishment you'll dish out.Value is an understatement when it comes to this game. Not only do you get the full arcade versions of Tekken 1,2 and 3, but also a complete action game Tekken: Devil Within, which goes into some of the back-story Bering the Mishima clan. Throw in the fact that you can customize characters and earn countless rendered CG movies, and you've got hours of entertainment. Namco poured everything they had into this one, and came out with a true gem.There are also 15 beautifully rendered CG environments that fights take place on, and have names such as Acid Rain, Burning Temple, Cathedral, City at Sunset, Dragon's Nest, Hell's Gate, Moonlight Wilderness, Pirate's Cove, Polar Paradise, Poolside, Secret Garden, The Final Frontier, Urban Jungle, and Waterfall. Whether filled with lush greenery and serene elements of nature or industrial, futuristic surroundings, each brings something special. The final stage of the game is set in a barren, desert wasteland, with an eerie green alien-esque auraIf you can switch your concentration away from the mind-blowing graphics to listen to the audio, you'll notice the soundtrack is quite diverse (especially compared to previous Tekkens) and blends smoothly with the theme of each background scene. Sound effects are sharp and intense, with the many familiar skull-shuttering reverberations complimented by various new additions. The characters also hold their own in the sound department, with each fighter offering verbal provocations to their opponents as well as physical force. They all speak in their own native tongue or accent, and even the non-human fighters such as Kuma the bear and Panda are able to communicate cool huh?

Edited by Chatz (see edit history)

All the takkens have been great. Including this was which is even better. A lot of more fighters with upgraded moves. The graphics are amazing and the gameplay is great to. If you havent tryed it you really should.

Its TEKKEN not Takken, or taken. It was slightly fun for a while. But then it started to stink, the items were too expensive. There was nothing to do. The Devil mode was gay. and playing single player over and over again was boring.

wow the fact that is has the previous releases bundled on the disc makes it really good value if you havnt got the others in the series so far..I love Tekken...but I also love my pc and xbox ;( so I dont get to play it at home ;(( only tekken i get is at the cinema cos they have a few arcade games in the waiting areas..There must be a way to play this on the pc with a gamepad right?I guess some kind of PS emulator would do it..does anyone have any experience of playing with PS emulators? cos I would love to get one up and running..cos I would LOVE to play Wipeout also!!Man I loved Wipeout soo much..I bought the Ps1 when it came out and my first games were Ridge Racer..Tekken1 and Wipeout..Wipeout was such a perfect game and an amazing soundtrack..such a success that it kinda helped the whole game soundtrack idea move along on the consoles..because at the time the PS1 was such a leap ahead of what was on the market..