xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
wappy

Ipb Multi Forum (hosting Mod) installation help?

Hi, i need a little help if possible, i have a multi forum hosting mod for ipb 1.31 ok.. I want to install this but the install text included is a little unclear.. I already have a copy of ipb 1.31 installed and running (with users and posts), i want to install this mod but i also want to keep all my db user/post info and still be able to use my existing forums with just a link to the forum hosting form. Could someone please look at the documents included with this mod and give me more clear instructions on how to do this? Do i need to install a second copy of the IPB UPLOAD folder or just follow the instructions on my existing folder? Confused. :)

Well even i tried to use that stupid software but it didnt work.It was not good and it was taking me too much time to get through(10 min).So i left that thing and i would adwise you to find some better one.

yes, i also had big and frustrating problems with it, i have some more for smf, maybe i will try these, anyone got any more scripts? :-)

Multi scripts are pretty dodgey. If its a good one, it works fine and good but if one little thing is bad it will stuff up your forum in the MySQL database so its nearly impossible to use if you didnt back it up.I downloaded the script and it looks pretty basic. What bits dont you understand?

This is a fairly easy mod to install. Compared to the other phpBB mods I've manually installed. All you need to do is back up ALL your files and DB's and do EXACTALY what it says.All it is, is this.Open this file:Find this line of Code:(Ctrl+F)And add/replace with this line of code:That's ALL it is. If you need help just ask. I can do it to if you give me the files, you don't have to give me access to the ftp or anything.

Well i did that and then too i couldnt get it to work.I am not interested anymore for it.The thing i couldnt get to work is that after filling in the form it doesnt save the changes.Therefore it did not work.