xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
NigaiAmaiYume

Purchasing The Best Deal On A New Notebook In Canada Where do you think Id get the best deal in Canada?

I've come to the point where I need to get a new computer. Because I travel a lot, I'd prefer to get a notebook/laptop, although my budget's kinda restricted at the moment so I might downgrade to a PC.Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions on where I'd be able to get the best deal?I live in Guelph, Ontario, Canada. I'm willing to travel to Kitchener or Toronto to pick up the computer, but I'd prefer to have it mailed if possible.I'd also need a pretty decent warrenty. I seem to generate a destructive force around me that causes anything I care about to become the target of gremlins and such. LOLUse would be primarily schoolwork/writing, although I want to start getting into media development (Creating Videos/AMVs, image manipulation, etc). I don't mind waiting for things to load, although I also multitask a lot, so I'll be needing a lot of memory anyway.I know exceptionally little about hardware, so any help in comparing parts would also be greatly appriciated!

I am not too sure where in Canada you are living and it is so far away from where I live, at the other end so I can't suggest places where you could purchase such a system.For your requirements, school/writing, you would not require such a high end system. As you multitask, you might want to get a 2 gb RAM, I myself is still using on PC 512 mb RAM, but you should get as high as possible. Maybe you could also get a good graphics card, since you are going to video editing. Something along the lines of having higher than 128 MB should be more than sufficient to have a pretty good system

Although you might have not done this but I take a crack at it.Google these words:"computer stores in canada"and search away.

Better yet, go to http://www.notebookreview.com/, then click on forums, and ask that same question. There are a lot of notebook experts over there that can advice you when you post something like this. If you are not sure of what notebook to get they can help you out picking one depending on your needs. That forum has helped me a lot, I hope it works for you.