xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ProtoMan

I Want A Free Domain

If you ask me, the way the website is projected, I do not really trust it very much. Is there any proof that anyone can get a domain for free at no charge because it is just too good to be true. I am worried about the spyware and adware I will receive if I go through with doing what they are telling me to do. Why do you need a domain name? You can get free professional top web hosting here and all you have to do is contribute to the forums with active and yet constructive posts.

I would not trust that site, it seems to be (to me atleast) a re do of surfjunky.com, offering you stuff, you sign up to spam, they get the money! You can however get a Xisto sub domain with hosting for free or a normal domain quite cheap (my .co.uk domains where ?2.95 per year!)

you could try http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ they offer yoursite.uni.cc if thats any help. I know its not top level but it is catchy and has dns service. I haven't used it myself but have seen others using it with no problem. You may be required to place a small image on your site though :-)

I don't like the idea of going to people like for a free domain. It seems very risky to me. They might take advantage of your info or something. I don't understand why everyone sees having a domain name as such a big deal. Sure, it's better to have one if you can, but it's not that big of a deal. It just makes the site look better, and it's easier to get to it, without having to type all the subdomain info.If anything, .TK should be good enough.

I don't like the idea of going to people like for a free domain. It seems very risky to me. They might take advantage of your info or something. I don't understand why everyone sees having a domain name as such a big deal. Sure, it's better to have one if you can, but it's not that big of a deal. It just makes the site look better, and it's easier to get to it, without having to type all the subdomain info.
If anything, .TK should be good enough.

But doesn't .tk pops up an ad when you visit the site. The thing about all these domain stuff is that you never know what they are going to install to your visitors computer. I remember whenever I go to sites with .tk or .cjb, I always get ads popping up and it really irritates me. As long as you have quality hosting, the domain getting should be your 2nd priority, wait till you have enough dedication to commit to the site and then you get your domain because it is pointless if you do not have enough time for it and you get a domain name for it. Although the cost of getting domain names are getting cheaper every minute, but you should not really pay for it unless you are really sure that you are going to spend time maintaining it.