xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
FallenSage

Domain Name Help probably a quick easy answer

Well I was hosting something on a subdomain because I had extra space and bandwith. And now I bought a domain through you guys also. I was justing wondering is there a way to make to make the website show up as the domain i bought. Instead of it just redirecting to the subdomain?

Edited by FallenSage (see edit history)

You can add additional domains to your account using either :-1. Addon Domain2. Parked domain Option in Cpanel. Both work differently and are used depending on the requirement of the user. I will try my best to explain the difference and implementation of the two :-)Parked Domain===========1. You have two domains mysite.com and my-other-site.com. mysite.com is the domain of your website and you want to add my-other-site.com. 2. You want them both to go to the same place. In other words, when someone types either http://www.mysite.com/ or http://my-other-site.com/ they will go to the same page(s) on your website.3. In order to have additional parked domains you need to point those domains to OUR nameservers (ns1.computinghost.com and ns2.computinghost.com)4. In Cpanel, Go to PARKED DOMAINS. And enter your domain name and press submit:)Add-On Domains============1. You have two domains mysite.com and my-other-site.com. 2. You want the two domains to be totally separate/independent websites.3. In order to have additional parked domains you need to point those domains to OUR nameservers (ns1.computinghost.com and ns2.computinghost.com)4. In Cpanel, Go to PARKED DOMAINS. And enter your domain name and press Submit:)5. A Folder will be created and you will have to place the files of that site in that Folder.

Thanks that was a great help :) . So all I have to do from what your saying is move the files in the subdomain to the folder created when I add the domain in parked domains. That's easy enough thanks. Where and what might this folder be called. Because I'm not really sure what to look for here lol.

Edited by FallenSage (see edit history)

I'm not sure if you found an answer...and sorry for the delay on my reply.When you park a domain, you will place all your web files under /public_html/ folder. That's it.When you add-on a domain, during the process of adding you will be asked to name the folder. You can name it whatever and however you'd like. Please refrain from using special characters (it's better in the long run). And it's just a matter of placing all your files in /public_html/fold_you_just_named/