xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
imunofan

Ipod And Duke University It is a perfect solution to improve learning efficiency

I just learnt from a TV program that all Duke University students are using iPOD as a learning aid, from taping lectures, listening preloaded lectures, download/uploading assignments etc.It is a brilliant idea and it should be promoted to all universities in the States, and worldwide.Just wonder if there is any Dukkies here at Xisto forum, I would like to suggest that you share your information (if allowed) in your iPOD to some self-learning adults in the community. They might want to learn from the lectures in your iPOD. If you could find a way to share, that's a gift to the community.Take a serious look on this, please!Cheers!

That sounds like a good idea but not all people will allow it. Some want you to take notes because in the real world you might not be able to use your Ipod in your business to take notes on lectures or whatever. It probably would be good to go back and listen to but I would continue to take notes and pay attention as if you don't have it to keep the practice going. I think that'd probably be the best way to go.

That sounds like a good idea. But now I've seen notebook computers with programs that have the ability to jot down notes on a touchscreen LCD display using something similar that you would use for a Nintendo DS. What really sucks about iPods is that you can only have notes on there up to 4KB in size, and only 1000 of those 4KB files. Unless you have iPod Linux, then you can write, edit, delete, and store as many files at as big of sizes as you want.

I go to McMaster University (in Ontario, Canada) and many of our courses offer Podcast lectures. Sometimes, lectures are pre-recorded, or the instructor makes a video of his/her lecture in class and uploads it a few hours later. It's a very neat resource to have, especially to go over the lectures again. It's great for studying, and it surely allows technology to enter the scene as a learning aid. I totally dig it!

I'm sure those lectures are copyrighted or are only for use by people enrolled in the college.

This is a neat idea but a laptop already does all these things. I take my iBook to class and open up Microsoft Word hit the record button and set labels at places that are important so I can come back and listen to 'that part about _.'

Also on Mac you can download the program Schoolhouse from Apple's download site and then use the program to subscribe to "Classcasts" which are basically Podcasts except that you can transmit your notes and etc over the net to anyone subscribed to the classcast or receive other peoples notes and such.