xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
SGCHS

Discount Tires Of America - A Great Place To Do Business

They were originally Discount Tires of Texas but have since expanded to other parts of America. This is in my opinion the BEST tire store in the states. I have always been happy with their service but yesterday (Sept 6) made my day. I bought a set of tires in 12 of '03. The other day after I arrived at work I had a flat. I took it to Discount to have them fix the flat and then rotate/balance the tires. While they were doing that, they found two of the tires were suffering from tread spread (bubbles popping up on the tires). While these were 55K mile tires, I have put over 60K since I purchased them. I transferred to a new job location and I have to drive 90 miles per day.They replaced my tires for free! I have had them do similar things in the past but not with tires this old. This is a really great company! Also, as a company to work for, they are great. Everyone starts on the floor and they promote from within. They pay very well and are one of the last companies who truly believe the customer is always right.Can't go wrong doing business with this company.

That is amazing! It's good to see that some companies see the value in doing this sort thing, in fact, it is very cheap advertising for them. Why? Just look how many people you have reached with this post for start and how many people are you going to personally tell about the service they gave you. "word of mouth" advertising is one of the most effective forms of advertising there is, I think they managed to make it happen successfully with what they have done. Sure it has cost them a set of tires, but how many tires do you think they will sell because of it? For a start, where is the first place you will go when you need another set of tires?

I do business at two tire places: Tire Factory because it's the "little guy" locally, and Discount Tire. I've been a big fan of Discount for many years now because I learned they will repair your tire for free even if you didn't buy it there. Now that's good service. Speaking of this, I recently got a puncture in the tires I bought from Discount but being a hundred miles away from the nearest location I had to go to Les Schwabb for the repair. Seems like they've learned a lesson from the leaders in the industry because they repaired my tire for free. Only problem is they failed to return my chrome dust cover to the wheel and they also failed to replace the little spacers Discount gave me with my wheels because they're aftermarket and need a little help fitting properly. So it seems like the boys at my local Les Schwabb maybe need to pay a little more attention to these little details, but I've never had similar trouble at Discount Tire. Great place to do business!