xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
brainless

Operation Iraqi Liberation ...Today: Urban Renewal Ramadi Style

I guess I don't need to introduce my rant for today with an introduction on how the USofNA (yeah, I admit, it's also UK and some other countries involved ... but none of them as much as the USofNA...) behave in Iraq. To make it short: President Hussein was as dangerous as a lamb when compared to President Bush jr. well, he might have killed 300,000 people during his time in power --note that it is virtually impossible to kill 300,000 people yourself if you're trying to run a state along the way-- but in the last 3.5 years, about the same number has been killed, mostly by US-delivered bombs... this makes Bush about 10times as dangerous to Iraqi people as Hussein...

Have a look at this [1] article in the Stars&Stripes:

US soldiers in the iraqi city ar-Ramadi began to destroy "abandoned" houses (as abandoned as Fallujah was last year when the US moved in and killed some tens of thousands people? ... ok, there have been some three hundred thousand three years ago) in an area of about one square kilometre (that's half a mile, squared...).

A Capt. Damon Knarr commented this with...

You know the opening scene of The Terminator, where all you can see is rubble? Thats what it looks like.

well, those of us who don't know what a square kilometre of houses looks like should be able to imagine how a square kilometre of destroyed buildings looks like now...

Cpl. Kevin Booth, one of those people who are actually doing the job, said...

This is what we live for,we learn to do demolitions in school and mine clearing. This is the enjoyable part of the job.

So it's enjoyable to take down eight blocks worth of houses which had to be abandoned by people due to you dropping bombs on the city?

...and now let's have a look at the last quote in this article...

1st Lt. Ben Klay --guess what he's doing for a living?-- has been quoted as follows:

Were used to taking down walls, doors and windows, but eight city blocks is something new to us. In our manuals there are hundreds of pages on taking down bridges, walls and pillars, but nothing on how to take down an entire building. Weve had a bit of a learning curve, but weve hit our stride now. This is something we look forward to sharing with the rest of the Marine Corps.

Looking forward to share this knowledge with other people who have access to guns and demolition charges? That's like passing the construction plans of nuclear bombs to someone with all the stuff you need to build and launch it (well, there's quite a difference between a nuclear bomb and some C4 charges but I hope you get the meaning...)

[1] http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

PS: I hope you can do the thinking on this article without me having to write it down. I know some people around here would be able to do so, at least if I had only posted a link to this article without giving it a rant...

Yes, that is the purpose of armies: To kill and destroy. No use sugar coating it. That is their job and most people could only wish they enjoyed their job as much as those fine young killing machines.If the day comes that the terrorists have real control, you will beg for those killing machines to come rescue you. Yes, I will admit that we should be more civilized, but as a whole, the world is not. It is full of hateful, spiteful, greedy, immoral and evil people who want what you have and don't care how they get it. (Note, this is not a description of only the terrorists - some are wearing white collars and make millions).I'm thankful there are people who are willing to put their life on the line for my freedom.

Yes, that is the purpose of armies: To kill and destroy.
No use sugar coating it. That is their job and most people could only wish they enjoyed their job as much as those fine young killing machines.

If the day comes that the terrorists have real control, you will beg for those killing machines to come rescue you.

You've summed it up so good, I don't even have much to say about it. Seriously. Rock on. War is hell. People die.

It's why they call it "WAR" and not "FUN SHINY CANDY LAND". Team America: World Police ( despite being crap at times, but absolutely hilarious and genius ) satired both polarizations, and I think the part where Sean Penn is portrayed saying "Before Team America showed up, it was a happy place. They had flowery meadows, and rainbow skies and rivers made of chocolate where the children danced and laughed and played with gumdrop smiles." about Iraq sums up most complaints. Iraq wasn't exactly a happy place to begin with. There were people being ethnically cleansed, women and children shot execution style, and not to mention the occasional mustard gassing. I'm glad Saddam's out. I support our troops.

haha that movie was classic, anyone who hasn't seen it should go get it out from the video store.I personally would enjoy destroying buildings and things like that. While I'm sure there are things that could have been done better in this war, getting rid of saddam is a good thing.