xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Vogue

Playas Vs Cheaters

Ok?the thing that is bothering me is that guys seem to think that it?s ok to be a ?playa?. IT?S NOT!!! It?s actually really childish and pathetic. It?s as if guys have made up this mutual game between them ? to lie, deceive and break girls? hearts. ?Don?t hate the playa, hate the game? WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH THAT??? It really makes me sick! But when the tables are turned and the guy is the one being played?it?s a whole different story.If girls ?play? guys it?s a total different thing ? it?s classified as cheating. When girls cheat their reputations deteriorate, but when guys play it seems like the effect is the complete opposite. PLAYING AND CHEATING IS THE SAME THING!!! They should both not be tolerated because they are both WRONG!!!

I couldn't agree with you more. When I was younger and use to go clubbing, the most desirable guys were always the 'playas'. For some reason all the girls- including myself- went for the 'bad boy'.But when it was a girl she was labled all sorts of nasty things.Ok, so there's nothing really wrong with a person who is single and goes out an snogs/kisses/makes out/ whatever with different people.If you're young, single and only kissing people, there's no harm in it.But the guys who think it's cool to have like five different girlfriends on the go at the same time is just wrong.I do think that at a young age (between 16-22ish) you shouldn't have to be thinking of settleing down with one person, but that's no reason to go out there and use a whole bunch of people either.

I'm not saying it is right, but it is the way it is. It may be slowly changing and I hope it continues to change but the man who "plays" is a stud and the woman who "plays" is the sl*t.I agree that both are wrong. People shouldn't mess with others' hearts in that way. Leaves too many scars and messes them up for when they do find that one true soul mate.Anyway, hang tough and don't let them "bad boys" push you around.

There is a double standard that is inherent in society when it comes to how men and women are percieved when it comes to sex. This is mostly due to the fact that women have a higher degree of responsibility placed on them biologically when they become pregnant. Men don't have to carry a baby to term or breastfeed it afterwards. As a result, women (from an evolutionary standpoint) have had more "home-centric" existances while men have had more outward facing roles (hunting, warfare, trading etc.)That a double standard where male "playas" are celebrated and women who are not faithful are regarded as "sl*ts" or worse is not surprising in this context. 200,000 years of surviving as a species tends to get us stuck in a rut.If you want to avoid the drama, just have emotionally mature relationships with a partner who values you and you will be amazed at the results. If you are going to be casual, "play" around, and then get burned... what you give is what you get.

It's the way things are.Men are sexually active, try to be a "playa" (As you put it), lie, cheat, stare at good looking/naked/sexy women, act like pigs, etc, etc. And, it may be bad, but it's how it is. But try to think of it this way:When women see a baby, they usually go "Awww". They are, by nature, caring and nuturing (sp?). They also have a need to shop :D... Now i'm not saying this is worse than sleeping around, but i'm trying to get you to see it's something we just...do. It's comes to us naturally, and while it can be helped (And a lot of men do help it, though women always blow things out of proportion), we still do it.I'm not sure where i'm going with this, but I'm getting you to try and see that what we do isn't as easy as just saying "Don't do it. It's bad" and we stop. It's like telling a woman "Stop being so caring. Stop shopping, it costs too much"...Most women wouldn't just stop...But, i'll shut up now :DI think Killer summed it up a bit better than me :DAnd PS: Women won't admit it, but I know they're as sexually active as men. And it's how we are. We weren't made to settle down. Our main purpose isn't to marry. But to reproduce.... That said however, alot of people now have protected sex, so alot of the time we're not reproducing...I think alot of humans are "sl*ts", to be honest.

Edited by Dagoth Nereviar (see edit history)