xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
markian

Operating System For Elite Ppl Operating system for elite ppl

In a word, Linux.

If you want a modern operating system that offers the possibility of much greater efficiency as you invest time learning how to use it, I would suggest Linux. Linux is built around a command line interface, which usability experts have long recognized as the interface of choice for expert users. Fortunately for those of us who aren't experts yet, Linux has recently become much more user-friendly. I would recommend MEPIS (a free distribution of Linux) to both expert Linux users and to beginners. If you want the benefit of technical support and other perks that come with a paid product, I would suggest Linspire, a rapidly growing Linux distribution aimed at users who are already comfortable with Microsoft Windows.

As a side note... people who are very good with computers don't usually call themselves 'elite' - many prefer the terms 'superuser', 'poweruser', or 'expert'.

As a side note... people who are very good with computers don't usually call themselves 'elite' - many prefer the terms 'superuser', 'poweruser', or 'expert'.

...or according to my experience men of root, user, and heathen.

But there's no actual way of telling which operating system is
used by the greatest elite. Ken uses [and made] UNIX.
Linus to Linux, and Gates to Windows. These are all computer
greats. They all created different operating systems. You can't
decide between these because they were all made by elite people.

...although I do admit Microsoft uses Linux :)

define what is meant by elite people.In my current understanding elite users won't have anything to do with windows or linux... I dunno, they'll go for Mac OSX.Power users on the other hand will use linux, although I use XP :):D...and Slackware on VirtualPC!

a good OS for gurus? For developers and designers; MacOS X is the best choice, IMO. For just system gurus and advanced users: Linux. For computer game freaks and computer nitwits like Bill Gates himself will want to use Windows. P.S: I have noticed that Internet Explorer was written in Visual Basic and Visual C++!!xboxrulz