xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
AlternativeNick

Crocodile Hunter Dead!

It sucks that he died, I always figured he get his arm bitten off or head or something but nope...got killed by a stingray, lol. Anyways, I hope the best for his family. Atleast he lived his life doing what he loved to do.

Steve Irwin was a very good presenter of a very good wildlife documentary. I'm not really into those kinds of TV programmes, but I have to admit, i've watched a couple of the episodes he's hosted.It's a shame that he's accidentally killed himself, I don't think anyone would be able to host crocodile hunter as well as he did. For everything he's done for educational / interest purposes, he really didn't deserve to die.I really do feel sorry for his family, and agree with what's said a couple of posts above mine about feeling sorry for his sons. They will grow up with only their childhood memories reminding them of what their father was really like. I guess they'll have a couple of videos of his crocodile hunter episodes, but watching on television isn't the same as actually seeing in real life.

Edited by sportytalk (see edit history)

I'm sorry, but when someone spends all that time provoking dangerous animals... how is it such a surprise when he is killed by one? :) Wasn't that his entire gimmick- that the animals he poked at were deadly? I can't say I feel sorry for him, since he decided to take those risks of his own free will, although I have to feel a bit bad for his kids. Not only do they have to deal with all the stuff a 'normal' kid with a single mom would, they get to go through life with everyone around them knowing how their dad died, bringing it up, etc... No doubt this whole mess will continue to cause them more pain in the future. :)

I do think it's pretty sad, certainly the way he died. Although honestly my girlfriend cared a lot more then I did, she acted like it was her closed friend... woman. :)