xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ivanhoe

Good Resource For Ps Brushes

Hello everyone,
I started a new site for photoshop brushes: http://getbrushes.com/

lots of free brushes listed (150+) and we add new ones everyday, and all brushes are sorted by category and author, with screenshot and example images.. I hope it will easy finding the brush you're looking for...

Also I'd like to include Gimp brushes too. So if any Gimp brush author :D around here, and interested in promoting his/her work please send me PM :D

Edited by ivanhoe (see edit history)

not a bad site for brushes, but i would say also try deviantART, they have a wide selection of brushes and not just for photoshop..

yes, I agree, deviant is a great brush resource, and has tons of brushes listed... but it's a bit too much of "mass production" philosophy for my taste... anyone can upload a brush, so while you get some great brushes, there're also tons of crap (my main issue with deviantART in general) ... and there's so many brushes listed it takes you two lives to find the one you need...

On getbrushes.com we've got different approach, it's more about quality, than pure quantity. Our intention has never been to be the biggest, but we sure hope to become the best repository for brushes. We hand pick all brushes to review, so while it's really true that we've got way less brushes listed, in average they're of much better quality. Also, the most of the top popular PS brush authors from deviantArt are already present with their works on GetBrushes.com, like Anodyne, Jenn B (Scully7491), JavierZhX (Blazter), Nela from Inobscuro.com, etc..

But, yes if you're looking for tons of brushes, deviant is also worth visiting...:D
Edited by ivanhoe (see edit history)