xisto Community
brandice

My First Day In Retail a work thread

I guess you can say I am "transitioning" I've been in childcare for forever and I wasn't making enough money to save up for going back to school with that, so I've just got a job at a certain store that starts with a W.It was my first day today and I was so overwhelmed! Maybe because it was a Sunday, there were so many people there and they all needed to be on the aisle I was on. And apparently, I look like I know where everything is at. :D What about everyone else? Those of you that have or have had jobs like this- is the first day the hardest? Does it get easier?

Dont worry, I get MUUUUUUCH easier. The more you work there, the more you will know where everything is and learn how to work retail much better. :-)

this is true! I can't believe how much I've actually taken to this job. It's funny. I thought the hardest part would be random strangers coming up to me all day. I'm am extremely shy and I didn't think that I would be able to handle it. But I am three weeks into it now and I'm doing just fine. I know that I won't be doing this sort of job forever. What I really want to do is become a writer. So, I am trying to get the most out of retail that I can. Learning about new people and all of that. I actually kind of like it.

I worked at a cybercafe, and it was really fun because I would get to play lan games with the customers during weekdays, but on weekends it was really tough, especially on sundays. Its always the day which has the most customers coming in. I wouldnt consider it a heavy job, the hardest thing would be cleaning the monitors and mouses, and the newbie kidlings that would ask you a question about the game about every five freaking minutes, like if you had designed the game.