xisto Community
gameratheart

A Musical Tribute To Derek A description of who derek was, and a song to his memory.

For a description of who Derek is, and why I wrote this song, you can read the stuff I've hidden below: [hide=NDPA]For those of you who don't know already, Derek, one of Xisto's main server Admins, and one of the best friends to everybody in this whole community, died four days ago, on the 21st of August, after a lot of prayer and a constant struggle to keep him alive. But he will not be forgotten - even after death, he is still an example to us all, and I think you'll all agree that a part of him still exists in us all, even those of us who may have not known him well.So I made it my duty to make this song, which I dedicate to him and to everyone who prayed for him. I hope you enjoy it, and I know that secretly Derek is looking upon us with utmost hapiness. So here's the song...[/hide]You gave a good fight, you weren't gonna give up,Even at the last second you still remained tough,We prayed to the end; yet your death was not stoppable;We believed in your recovery, though it was impossible.You showed us all what true strength of the heart really means;Our love for you was so strong, death just wasn't forseen;But you still live as part of us even today,So this is our song, I won't forget you as I pray,Because you were too innocent to have to suddenly die,Only now I see how much a brillaint guyYou really were to all of us; I wish I'd got to know ya better,But you're a true inspiriation to us, even beyond the last letter;We're not gonna forget about you, ya know,We'll never be able to restore the normal flow,But the way you stayed strong, never gave up hope till the end,You're a true inspiriation, my unfortunate friend.I always used to say how wrong this world was,I always started to think we were all just a lost cause;People were wierd, and times were strange,But now I see there was reason for a change.You showed us all what true strength of the heart really means;Our love for you was so strong, death just wasn't forseen;To us, or just to me, your soul still remains,A part of us all was lost in God's game,The death of an innocent man is cruelty itself;God's playing a game with us, we all lose our health;But you know, I can say right now, if a person fights for his innocence;Then live or die, that person is the world's best friend - you know it makes sense!Because you were too innocent to have to suddenly die,Only now I see how much a brillaint guyYou really were to all of us; I wish I'd got to know ya better,But you're a true inspiriation to us, even beyond the last letter;We're not gonna forget about you, ya know,We'll never be able to restore the normal flow,But the way you stayed strong, never gave up hope till the end,You're a true inspiriation, my unfortunate friend.OpaQue, Saint, rejected, Tristan and more,There's just too many to name them all,Come here, let's all share a minute of silence;And lets feel comforted he didn't die from violence.Good night, everyone!(And if anything in that song didn't make sense, just PM me. I did try to make this song as well thought-out and understandable as possible, but being British and not having been established as a songwriter, I can't be sure if I succeeded)

Edited by NDPA (see edit history)

I'm thankful for your comment. This is one of the most heartfelt songs I have ever wrote, and I tell you, I didn't know how true my song was until I posted it here, and even I am still hurt by how true it is.I know you don't get credits for posting here, which is a shame because I really deserve them, but the truth is, there is nothing in the world that can match the value of a heartfelt tribute like this.

Edited by NDPA (see edit history)

Wow. I really wish I could have met Derrek. He sounds like a very nice and incredibly good friend, especially to have this big of a reaction to his passing. All though I have no ideaa who he is, I cant wait to meet him in heaven. I'm sure he is one of God's angels. So so sad. Why must the good die young?