xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Moolkye

Php.ini File Limit Size?

PHP.INI is similar to your WIN.INI where it defines how the script should be behaving, such as where is the library for your script, absolute path, enable/disable certain functions, turn on/off certain modes etc.So I'm not sure what you are asking when you say PHP.INI file size...

On some of my components I have installed for Joomla, that will allow me to upload files to the server or site, it tells me that I have an upload limit of 2 megs, and that it can be edited to be larger, and that the edit is made within the php.ini on my server.And I can tell you that it IS in fact 2 megs because anything I uplaod larger than 2 megs will not work, but anything smaller than 2 megs uplaods fine.

i am new to PHP.INI file and first time i heared about it. can you please give me some more information about it, it seems to me like .ini files of windows and may be it will work lookalike ini Files on server.but i can't see this file on my Xisto account File Manager......!!!

On some of my components I have installed for Joomla, that will allow me to upload files to the server or site, it tells me that I have an upload limit of 2 megs, and that it can be edited to be larger, and that the edit is made within the php.ini on my server.
And I can tell you that it IS in fact 2 megs because anything I uplaod larger than 2 megs will not work, but anything smaller than 2 megs uplaods fine.

Unless the server admin has objection to customizing php.ini you can make your own customized php.ini to increase maximum file upload size.

Read this article https://status.site5.com/ and follow them carefully.

but i can't see this file on my Xisto account File Manager......!!!

PHP.INI is transparent to your hosting since it's needed to make PHP to work with hosting server, not individual account. Therefore you will not see them. However, you can look through http://forums.xisto.com/info.php to see what is installed and what is not installed for your script needs.

Ok great! Found the article read it and applied it. Awesome.But upon installing another component, and trying to chmod the driectory and sub directories to 777 I get this error:550 Could not change perms on /www/insert/directory/structure/here/expose_com: Bad file descriptorAnyway to change the chmod for this directory?