xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bhavesh

Ball Tampering Who is guilty?

Pakistans reverse swing had always caught limelight. Now again they have been charged with ball tampering alligation for getting reverse swing. Had they really done this crime, I dont think so.Inzy and his players have shown great guts by not playing and now threatning not to play in One-dayers.Mr. Ranjan Madugalla had old history of getting some personal work immediately after match, I remember him to be missing in last world cup final during presentation ceremony, when Michale Holding was shouting his name. ICC had played a good game by postponding the hearing so that One-dayers go on smoothly, but I think Pakistan Board will not take is easily and should not be, its a matter of nation prestige.Some umpires are biased, they have developed some liking and dis-liking with some teams. Steve Bucknor is one of them, he doesnt like India and always gives decision against India. There should be some rules to monitor umpire's decision and performance.

No one can prove anything with ball tampering. I support the Pakistani guys, if you were accused of ball tampering what would you do? As far as i see it its a stalemate, both sides need to forget about it and get on with the game, otherwise there will be no cricket to watch!

If I'm correct, this isn't the first time this team have been penalized for ball tampering. Isn't this the team that's been caught quite a few times?Anyway, even if they did cheat, I can't see why they didn't just carry on with the game and England appeal for cheating at the end if they lose. This would have given entertainment to those people who paid all that money to watch the cricket at the stadium and entertain those who were watching the match at home on their television sets.It's a shame that teams have the need to cheat. As the saying goes, when you cheat, you only cheat yourselves. A game is supposed to be just that, something you play for fun. If you cheat, you're taking the fun out of it, especially for the other team.It would be great if all teams could just put their differences behind them and just get on with one another.

If I'm correct, this isn't the first time this team have been penalized for ball tampering. Isn't this the team that's been caught quite a few times?

You are right they have been alleged of ball tampering in past too, that due to the amount of reverse swing they get. But many players of other team have also done this and are punished too, ex Mike Artheton was rubbing clay on the ball to make one side rough.

Anyway, even if they did cheat, I can't see why they didn't just carry on with the game

Infact Pakistanis were on the ground after sometime but this time the Umpires were missing so it's not the fault of only Pakistanis but of the officials too.
I think when a alligation of cheating has been made against you and you know you are not guilty, then you have to show it on ground itself, if you don't then you are accepting it, I completely support what Pakistan has done.

It would be great if all teams could just put their differences behind them and just get on with one another.

This phrase doesn't apply only to teams and players but also to Umpires, Refrees and other officials.