xisto Community
ProtoMan

Will 1,362 Be Always Is The Most Online Ever ? What do you think ? Post here

Has to come still at some point, most forums would have members that would have a look, and never come back again. Its a fact in pretty much all forums, whether successful or not, commercial or private. But onto the topic, I'd say that Xisto will break the record at some point as traffic and hosting grows.I have to agree it takes ages to make a forum become active. For example, I'm a moderator at a InvisionFree based Australian Sports forum, and it took ages for the forum to become active (It went from peaking at 10-20 members a few months ago, to around a peak at 40-50 members on most nights now). It took hard work through promotion and the regs posting regularly.

It would be interesting to know what happened on December 7th, 2005, that was so special, to make 1,362 Xisto members be logged on all at the same time. There must be many current members that are active on the forums that were around on that day that could tell us what they thought was going on. After all, December 2005 is not that long ago. It's not like it is ancient history.

I have been trying to think of possible reasons that would drive up traffic to having over 1,000 members online at once. The only thing that I can think of is maybe the site had a work over, new software installed, a new look perhaps, and that made people want to try the new site out.

The first membership registration was June 11th, 2004, nearly 27 months ago. And there are now nearly 22,000 registrations. So that works out at an average of 800 registrations a week, say 25 a day, every day. Not a bad record, except .... where do they all go?

Well, I guess people do not visit here that often for one reason or another. If a bunch of members are frustrated by this, there is nothing stopping them coming up with ideas to make the site more popular. I am sure the admins would be pleased if that were to happen.

1,362 is a kind of a record for this site and it is hard to see it being broken anytime soon.

I think it is hard to beat that number.Just because of the time zone , only about 40 % members have the right time to log in but then 20 % of that 40 % have to work or something similar.But that number doesn't bother me much , even it is a nit annoying :)