xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Lurk

Need Free Ftp Client

I use SmartFTP.It is free for personal, educational and non-commercial use. It has a cool interface and it is very easy to use. I have heard about Filezilla but haven't used it yet, because I am happy with SmartFTP's service.

I use SmartFTP, it rocks, it never disconnects(for me) and it haves a neat and nice interface, I never tried FileZilla, but I am fine enough already with the SmartFTP client.I recommend SmartFTP. :)

I go for File Zilla , it is totally Free and very easy to use. I used it to upload my forum install files to Xisto server and done but when I used Ip Switch FTP I can't do anything because it is very hard to use and it isn't free so I think you should go for File Zilla.

The new Internet explorer 7 kicks firefox **bottom**, wish dusent support javascripts etc. I know its protection but the new IE supports it non the less with no protection errors so far and beleave me I tried :)Speed is fixed prefix in windows registery, now standard more connection and I really love IE again. I thaught firefox always suckd. There wannabe's of microsoft cant think of something original I love custom software but not if its a fake of something else.

Wow, there are a lot of smartftp user, include meI think, it easy for upload, needn't any conf.Only install and use without any conf

Hello all, i am newto this great forum. I could not see a thread for introducing myself but anyway, back on topic. I used to use CuteFTP but kept getting annoyed as i was constantly disconnected, then a friend told me about SmartFTP and as many have said it is amazing! I have never been disconnected since. If only i had of been smart enough to use it first. Alas, i have forgotten to update versions so could someone please post a link to get the latest version? when i tried a site that offered it the download wouldnt start. :) Any help is greatly appreciated!

i would recomend SmartFTP i use it and i find it very usefull as there are loads of things you can do with it that normal FTP programs would not let you do

yes....smartFTP is great....works great and most of the time fast...hope the numerous responses have helped you find a good FTP client

There is a good thingy in your own Explorer..You can acces with WinKey+EJust type the server name in the adress bar. It will popup and ask you to type in your e-mail and password.It's kinda cool for just a quick upload of a few files.For the rest FTP software i guess Fillezilla is the no.1 right now, beacouse of it's quick install and simple setup (it can be run as service to).The second one of my favourites is Total Commander, quite handy program for managing large number of files and folders, also has FTP connection...

I use FTPSurfer. It is completely integrated with my Windows system and it is fast. It has a problem with very large files though. It tries to upload them 3 times and if after the third time, it still cannot do it, it just leaves the file and proceeds to the next one. The other problem is that it can only work with Windows Explorer since it does not have an Explorer of its own.

nobody of course says anything about macs, which pwn windows by the way.Anyway best one for the PC (or at least my fav) is FileZilla, even though ive had a few bad experiances.The best for mac wich i use all the time is cyberduck. It's free, and It's alot better than most that cost. :lol:

i recommend filezilla, easy to use and its free...if you only hav one or two files to upload then webftp is fine as well...if you're tryin to upload whole folders and you want to retain the directory structure, webftp is jus hopeless, use filezilla. you can google it and get the download link

I need a free FTP client to upload stuff onto the page I will get here. Does anyone know any good ones?

well, i use firefox as the main browser on my operating system, and firefox has a plugin called fireftp, that's cool, have you ever image that integrate the ftp client to the browser? yes i high recommend you to use it if you use firefox as your favorite browser,

anyway ,if you wanna to find some other desktop software, on windows system i recommend you to use flashFXP, that's powerful, reliable,and fast.