xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Lurk

Need Free Ftp Client

i hate using browser ftp. Its sorta of annoying in a way that its not fast. I like CuteFTP. You should stick to it. ITs one of the best ones out there so far I think. Well for me I think it is. It has the right functions and easy to use.

Was using lately FTP client called smart FTP, but got serious troubles with Xisto... Logouts freezings and even sometimes couldnt access it at all. So, I had to switch to Filezilla which never got me into any problems and I still recommend it. Besides it is a shareware :P

I use WS_FTP Pro 2006...its a very easy to use and reliable FTP client. I love the way i can just syncronize my site so i dont have to keep uploading the same files over and over again. Plus if i change something on the Xisto server it will download it to my harddrive which is nice

i was using software called FreeFTP for a while, but it's really really ugly and difficult to use (for me, a semi-noob).

what was really interesting though was i was scrolling through this topic and i saw an ad for FTP commander Pro. I actually downloaded FTP commander (free edition) the other day to upload to my new Xisto website. It's really schmick :ph34r: definately worth a looksie. website is http://www.internet-soft.com/ftpcomm.htm.

mind you, i've used cutePDF and that's really good, so i might investigate cuteFTP.

thanks guys.

there's fireFTP which is an add-on to firefox/mozilla/netscape. it's not like a browser ftp, its an ftp program (sort of like cuteftp) just in a tab.