xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
m107

Modem Problem A Q about phone try dial up

hi
i use "phone try dial up" to show me my incoming call to my line ( i use this telephon line same for my internet connection)
this program must show incoming calls number when i am useing my line as a internet connection.
but it dose not work .
call waiting is enabled in my line too.
program test mt modem and this is diagnostic test:

AT +VCID=1 - OKAT#CID=1 - ERROR
AT +MS=V92 - OK
AT +VRID=0 - ERROR
AT +PCW=0 - OK
AT +PMH=0 - OK
AT +PCW=0; +PMH=0 - OK

what is the problem ?

Well I do not completely understand your problem? You are trying to fix a piece of software that show you when someone is calling? See I do not have this problem because I do not have that kind of internet connection.

The Caller ID feature will only work if you have Caller ID from your phone company on your service plan. If you don't get caller ID on your phone (Assuming you have a phone with a caller ID display) then you won't get it through your modem, either. If you do have caller ID, make sure it's Caller ID on Call Waiting. If you aren't sure, call your phone company and ask.I assume you have a V.92 modem, if not, that might be your problem, go out and buy one, make sure it has "Modem On Hold" as one of it's features. It shouldn't cost any more than $25 bucks, and if it comes with the software, you won't need Phone Tray Dialup.The program you're using is "Phone Tray Dialup" right? I just looked it up "Phone Try Dialup" and it suggested "Phone Tray Dialup". I don't use the product myself- I have a V.92 modem that came with modem on hold and caller ID software. Try checking out their website for more information.

I don't know where you live, but in most country's the line identification is a featuer where you have to pay for it, unless you have a ISDN line.I think the simplest to solve your problem is buy a device that you place on your line that display the ponenumber they are not that expensice and your computer doens't need to be online all day.On an PSTN line the linenumber identification is send between the first and second ring.It's send in PSK , if your modem doesn't support it, it will not work.The normal numers are send in DTMF (dual tone multifrequent) so thats an other method.Call waiting is a total different feature that the line is shortly interupted when someone is trying to call your line. (this feature is not nice when you are connected with your modem to the internet , because most of the time your connectection will be lost when this happens).