xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mjay06

Embedding Videoclips Into Pbpbb/nuke Forum Posts

This is something i've been playing around with today, & the result is pretty good.

If you want to give your members something to do, place some music videos/any videos/.swf files into posts on your forum. By incorporating a poll they can vote on them aswell.

First, in the admin menu/configuration, find 'Allowed HTML tags' & make sure it shows the following:

b,i,u,pre,embed,object,param name,value,

An excellent source of practically unlimited free material can be found at youtube.com & they are even kind enough to give you the code to embed the videos. As they are giving this code out to anyone (& providing instructions for ebay/myspace etc) i'm guessing is must be free of any copyright restrictions.

You will get something along the lines of:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-dAr_QKAv4 src="youtube.com/watch?v=Z-dAr_QKAv4; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

To make it look like it has been designed to suit the forum/post, remove this part of the code:

<param name="movie" value="www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-dAr_QKAv4/">

You are left with a perfectly scaled video window which looks nice & neat, & as the file is hosted at yourtube it wont waste your diskspace.

Enjoy :)