xisto Community
master_bacarra

Windows 2000 Versus Windows Xp

The only thing I use in XP that isn't in 2000 is the plug-in and play. I turned the fancy interface off, as my computer ran faster without it. XP is more stable than 2000 (In my opinion), but uses much more system resources.

many features of Xp is make us easy and comfort

I haven't found any difference in in ease or comfort between XP and 2000

There are some of those little things in Windows XP that we don't really notice, but do help us. For example, I don't know whether the changed Start menu is a manjor improvement or a little thing, but the list of recently used programs in it is pretty nice to have. Also, there are many programs out there that will only run under XP, like certain products from Adobe.

If you had asked this 1 or 2 years ago, I would've supported the move to Win2k Pro completely. But now, support for that OS has been dropped, and XP is pretty much stable. You should just buy a new XP Home CD, and reformat with that. Install antivirus, firewall, firefox, and antispyware if you need it. After that, just update everything in microsoft update, and then you should have a safe, stable, computing enviroment.

If you had asked this 1 or 2 years ago, I would've supported the move to Win2k Pro completely. But now, support for that OS has been dropped, and XP is pretty much stable. You should just buy a new XP Home CD, and reformat with that. Install antivirus, firewall, firefox, and antispyware if you need it. After that, just update everything in microsoft update, and then you should have a safe, stable, computing enviroment.

Windows XP Professional gives you way more control over your computer than XP Home Edition. You get Group Policy Editor, Internet Information Services (IIS for short), and a bunch of other stuff. Yes you can get all the fluff of XP Home in the same box, but if you want to get rid of most of it, you need Pro.
BTW please don't start a whole discussion over this post.

Well Im not sure whether this will help or not but i havent gotten any viruses or spyware (i hope) well i havent noticed any difference in my computers performance at all so i assume its fine. but i use avast antivirus and i think avast is pretty good at preventing getting any viruses and i used to use nod32 which was also pretty good. and i think if your computer has so much problems maybe reformatting is the easiest solution as long as u can save all ur needed files and can reinstall everything back including the os. i think xp's service pack 2 also has much more security so u would get less viruses and spyware.