xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Bkag

New Site Needing A Review and some suggestions

The site isn't bad. I like the colors that you have going. I think that my resolution is a bit low though because I have to side scroll also. I suggest maybe making is "thinner". But again that is probably just my resolution. Overall however I do like the website <_<

Nice forum and a very impressive skin/template of phpBB forum. I like phpBB forums, they look neat and very clean. And though your forum has only 10 members more than 100 posts have been made, that's a very good start. I feel that everything is going on in the right direction except the horizontal bar appearing in pages. We need to scroll left and right to see the last post details. If that is corrected I think everything is okay for a forum site. It is a good start. You just need to promote more so that member increase and the participation also increase. That's my review on your forum site. Thanks.All the best.

Thanks now how do i modifiy the code so that it will be less wide? on my moniter i dont have to scroll but i guess that is because my screen is kindof widescreen

well personally i say ipb is better and anaway you could get a free version of ipb.so you havnt actually partnerd with phpbb youve just downloaded there bb software?

As others said, a new banner might make it better. The current one doesnt really fight with its dark color uses, while the rest of the site is light blue.And the site needs an insane resolution (well, insane to normal users, i run 1920x1200 so i could view it normal if i wanted) because it cuts off to the right, requireing me to scroll if i was on a standard computer. im scrolling through your source code... but i cant seem to figure out what it is causing it to go out so wide. theres so many tables i cant keep track.... hmm... try throwing another skin on and seeing if it goes as wide. that way we can at least narrow it down between that one skin, or the main code. (trying to remeber how phpbb worked)Also the banner's text seems a lil .. fuzzy... just small thing. if you were to redo it to fith more of the theme, id try to fix that to make the text look better

The light blue css looks nice. About the banner of the car, the colors don't go along together. Well red and black with blue doesn't look all nice and tidy looking to me. But overall the site looks good.

Thanks, im not sure what is making it so wide, i think it is the logo, how it works is you put your logo in and a 1 pixel wide logo which is then scrolled, since the background of my logo cant be scrolled (or reapeated, dont know the correct phrasing) i didnt use that so i guess ill have to create a logo on a background whch can be scrolled. What color background and text colors should i use? And should i have some cars thrown in there?MxWeb, yes i have just downloaded their software, where can you get a free version of ipb?

Edited by Bkag (see edit history)

Nice needs alittle bit more of a theme since it's about cars and maybe I can create a NoS theme for you but it will take atleast 5 days.Overall very good,you have alot of forums good selection.My Review-Good.Sincerly,iVTEC

I think the website has great organization especially with the tables. What dis you use to set up the page? was it CSS formatting or flash pictures?I do think you could catch a lot more people by putting some news headlines about new cars or engines. This could be just a little snippit of information that would grab the person's attanetion. Then if they wanted to finish the article they would have to sign in and become a member of the forum.

Nice work. verything was simple, easy to follow, easy to find, and you have a good domain for your subject matter. Now all you need is more members and if you keep the site up on a specific topic, that will come. Usually sites like your take a while to build a core audience, but in a couple years you'll get a lot of regulars. I know from my own websites that I have a lot more lurkers and visitors than members. Since it's related to a 3D animation program, I force people to register to download the models, and then offer ad free accounts for a USD 20 donation per year. Again it takes time your site has a good layout and specific ad content. If your looking for more revenue generation, try adding a classified ads section and charge a nominal fee (5 pounds) to list an ad until it sells. Maybe even offer it free of charge for the first year or free to premium members etc. Also look around to websites that sell rc car parts. See if you can become an afflicates and add a block or set up a mini-store on your site. maybe see if they'll sponsor the site in exchange for getting their ad banner plastered on every page in a neat way. I'm afraid if I give any more advice I'll have to charge you :)

Thanks both of you, i am working on a few of your suggestions, and some of your suggestions are great and i have never even thought about. Once the site has grown some i will be finding a few shops / related sites to have as the advertising instead of google adsence because it is even more relevent and interesting to the surfer.Owbussy, I am using phpbb with the "SoftBlue" style which is no longer available because it isnt compatable with the new phpBB, unless you add some code which i have done.I have used Smartors "Ezportal" which is very good, you set in the code which forums to get the announcements, polls etc from.I will start doing announcements on the rc world soon. I have had 2 or 3 spammers with pill sites signing up, is this common?