xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
arnz

Trucks, And Other Long, Heavy Vehicles On Roads.

I'm sure there has been discussions in the past about trucks, buses, etc causing problems on our roads (and to a lesser extent railways), so I'll start another one.There has been a case while travelling on the freeway just recently when a truck seemed to be driving fast and was taking up half of 2 lanes. The driver had some choices, either slam into the truck, or someone smash right behind em, or either go on the island/divider. I believe in the case, the driver of the car hit the island before travelling on, with the truckie just driving on either unaware or oblivious to the siutation. I dont know if this happens elsewhere, but often where I am due to a struggling (and continually upgrading) road network on my side, half the lanes on the major roads are taken up by trucks, another lane in particular areas are allocated to BUSES only and does make peak-hr traffic slower than it is now.Has anyone been in a situation with a heavy vehicle (trucks, buses, etc) driver?

Well I've had similar problems with trucks before and higher profile vehicles. That was the reason I ended up in an accident was because there was about 10 higher profile vehicles preventing me from seeing around them.Anyway, I've seen trucks driving on the other side of the road. One even forced me over to the shoulder because he wouldn't get over the correct lane and this wasn't even on a freeway and the person wasn't even passing anyone. I sometimes wonder how some people get there license.Personally opinion, close to 70% of all cars I see on the road or Trucks and higher profile vechiles and most of the people I see don't need those types of vehicles.