xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rowita

Gmail - Pop3 ... Official

I have a quick question how can they do that and make money. Google puts ads in the email with related links I f you check it through popmail that how can they put ads in the email anyway. I'll have to see and check into it.

Gmail's pop3 access feature is being given away in parts to all account holders. That is.. if you signed up for an account before me, you'll get pop access before I do. It seems fair enough. Keep checking your inbox for a "New Features" link.I've been using mine for over a month and a half now... maybe more. You don't have to download all emails that exist in your gmail account before the date when your pop access is enabled. It offers you an option to download only those mails that arrive subsequently. Then again there is the option to save a copy of every email that you recieve in your gmail inbox while you download a copy to your computer. This seems to be the smart thing to do. You can delete your copy of the downloaded email in case it seems to take up space. Gmail will still have a copy if you ever need it.There seems to be a slight glitch with the pop3 servers though. The connection times out once in a while. This however is fairly minor.. and I'm not about to crib about it.. considering that I've paid a grand sum of zilch to get a gig of online storage space with an option to recieve my emails right on my desktop.

While on the topic.. Gmail does not seem to place text/banner ads in emails that you download to your desktop. I suppose that is a good thing. Even the advertising in the gmail inbox seems to be within limits. On the whole, I don't mind having to endure a few text ads in my webmail inbox. The pop mail is thankfully free of any linkage.Cheers!

alapidus the post was made for more than a month ago

that time not all of the accounts had pop3 setting

39049[/snapback]

I just look at my account in gmail, and i can NOT find POP3 setting. It just POP (without "3") and forwarding feature. means that it just for downloading messages using i.e: outlook - can read mail offline, and can NOT send from outlook. It was similar as yahoo some years ago.

Hopefully nexttime will available in my account. :P

im not 2 fused on gmail i found it a bit hard 2 sign up i couldnt find the signup button! lol!