xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Lunar

Isn't It Easier.... Isnt it easier to memorize lyrics rather than studying for hours.

You nkow in a song you listen to it a few times and you get the lyrics stuck in your head sometimes. That's how i learn the lyrics to songs anyways. I start singing those parts where i know like especially the end of the lines that has rhyming scheme to it. Those are always the easiest to remember. Then besides that the music is overplayed or whatever and I pick up words. I look up lyrics and try to sing a few times. I get the hang of the words. I think a book would be like that too. If you had maybe someone read the book to you a few times and or you read it yourself. Possibly you would have to interested in reading it in the first place. With songs the thing is entertaining and books somtimes its not. Well that's like school books not leisure reading boooks. yeah

I've been studying my subjects not by memorizing but by understanding what I am actually studying. Memorizing will not help you long, but when you understand what you are studying then you can remember each and everything and can easily write ur exams.

That's true. The key is to actually UNDERSTAND what you're studying. Another reason why we seemingly memorize lyrics easily, is because it's presented in such a format that appeals to us. It's also easy to repeat the song all over and stuff. Anyway, I find that when I study when reading and re-reading notes and trying to understand them is more effective by cramming by memorizing. If you actually understand the topic, it won't be hard for you to explain or to answer questions about it, wouldn't you think?

When we are passionate about something or "want" to do something we tend to do it consciously or unconsciously. In the case of lyrics, when a song fixes itself in our head, we get the desire to sing along with the singer. Or sometimes the lyrics hit a chord somewhere deep inside or in the lighter side of you so you suddenly want to sing that funny song or deep meaning song. We often fail when we try to force something into our system but when we do it with some interest we grasp it immediately.The saying "Where there is a will, there is a way" sort of helps understanding this phenomenon.