xisto Community
BooZker

2 Domain Names On One Server? how to do it

Hey i just bought i-am-stoned.com and i switched the nameservers to trap 17's. I already own ojproductions.net which has been switched here too and that goes to my main index file (public_html>index.php)Thats perfect for ojproductions.net, but i wanted to have i-am-stoned.com go to public_html>i-am-stoned>index.php. How do i do that? I can't even test it for 2 days which makes me slightly nervous because i don't want ojproductions.net to screw up.PLEASE DONT PARK THE DOMAIN NAME ME. LAST TIME SOMEONE DID IT AND IT WAS A HUGE HASSLE. IT WAS AN ACCIDENT, BUT PLEASE DON'T TRY PARKING IT. I ALREADY PARKED IT ANYWAYS.

Edited by BooZker (see edit history)

In order to do that you need to change the main domain for your account. I'm not so sure if this can be done by you. Please wait until our experts respond you. Of course, admin can easily do this for you.If you use the new domain for your public_html folder what about the old domain(ojproductions.net) where are you going to point? I-am-stoned sounds interesting too.

Using cPanel, add a subdomain to your account. It doesn't matter what you call it, as long as you can understand it, but no-one will ever use this address. Then go to the Addon Domains link. Type i-am-stoned.com in the top box, the subdomain you used in the second box and give it a password. After a couple of days it'll work perfectly. If you specifically want all the I Am Stoned files in the directory called i-am-stoned then use that for the subdomain. You can then upload files into that directory and it should all work.

Using cPanel, add a subdomain to your account. It doesn't matter what you call it, as long as you can understand it, but no-one will ever use this address. Then go to the Addon Domains link. Type i-am-stoned.com in the top box, the subdomain you used in the second box and give it a password. After a couple of days it'll work perfectly. If you specifically want all the I Am Stoned files in the directory called i-am-stoned then use that for the subdomain. You can then upload files into that directory and it should all work.

Im way confused on this, but i will try it out. I want i-am-stoned.com to go to public_html/i-am-stoned/index.php So this method will do it?