xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
h1dd3n

Free 2 Gb Backup

Just on a quick not if it connects to its service from your windows pc it will use so much Bandwidth uploading files and i bet there file upload size is set to about 1 meg. But hay if you want to blow your bandwidth serveal times over then go for it.

I believe the concern most people have with online back up is the security and time taken to process (downloading and uploading). When you put anything on the internet, you are susceptible to any attack from all over the world, and these are things you cannot control. Whereas with a flash disk, you just to safe guard it and ensure there is no physical damage to it. I have an issue with DVD writing though. I had a very bad experience once, I wrote everything to it, a total of 4 gb of data and when it was being copied to my desktop, an error of 'data cyclic redundacy check' popped up. I was so pissed, and from then on I changed to FTP to transfer data from 1 computer to another.

My main problem with backing up to somewhere on the web is that it doesn't strike me as being very secure. I don't particularly mind the time it would take to transfer, as I could just leave my computer running.I usually back up onto another hard drive, or CDs.

i just think it is to much effort to go and put stuff on the net and anyway in our country bandwidth is expensive and to have a decent line that would make it worth while to put big amounts of data on the net would cost a pretty penny as these isp's all have ridiculous caps like a 3 gb cap on a 512k line i mean come on i will reach that in a day or two, so going and buying a 250 gb hard drive would more likely than not work out a lot cheaper after a few months !! And then it would be holding way more data and like someone else said it would be much more secure where as on the the net something may happen and there goes all your data you put. And on the hard drive the info is there whenever you need it you won't have to first go and download it off the net before you can use it !!