xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
burnego

Paolo Cohelio - is it anybody who can really like this?

is it anybody who can really like this? it is the worst writer ever... it just so simple and... bleah... and every teen ager thinks that if you read paolo cohelio's books your smarter... silly ones.. i'll better read harry potter that cohelio. by the way... harry potter... bleah too

I thought that the "Alchemist" was actually a very well-written book. I suppose that if you think that you don't come from any of his books changed, even if it is just a slight amount, then you must obviously not understand any of his novels...if there any others other than the "Alcheimst."Mainly, people tend to hate or fear what they don't understand... I found that the "Alchemist" represented, quite metaphorically and with an underlying meaning, a way to enjoy life, and to find true enlightenment and happiness. I found it very enjoyable.That's just my opinion, however.

There is nothing to understand in any of Paulo Coelho's books. They are for people who simply have never read a single word about philosophy or REAL literature. His ideas are just too simple and naive. But they seem to be amazing discoveries for those who have never had a real idea. Coelho's books are excellent for those who will never read a real book. So, don't bother yourself. Just do not call that LITERATURE, please.

Alchemist is a total ripp-off of Herman Hesse's Sidharta.. If you like reading books read Sidharta, which is 10 times wiser book than Alchemist. Alsho Paolo said that he can write a book in one week, and that can obviusly be seen in his books. Books are laime, with same contigency (not sure of that word), but he is just repeating same stuff over and over. His latest book i bought called Warrior of Light (translated from my language, not sure is it right title) is collection of some small stories, which are really annoying after a while reading them.Don't know, most people like him beacouse of his simplicity but when you are reading a book i guess you want some mistery and double meaning in it. Choelo is nothing better than ordinary journalist writing articles in everyday newspaper. Even comparing him with authors of monthly articles in some magazines would be over his abillities...

Alchemist is a total ripp-off of Herman Hesse's Sidharta.. If you like reading books read Sidharta, which is 10 times wiser book than Alchemist. Alsho Paolo said that he can write a book in one week, and that can obviusly be seen in his books. Books are laime, with same contigency (not sure of that word), but he is just repeating same stuff over and over. His latest book i bought called Warrior of Light (translated from my language, not sure is it right title) is collection of some small stories, which are really annoying after a while reading them.
Don't know, most people like him beacouse of his simplicity but when you are reading a book i guess you want some mistery and double meaning in it. Choelo is nothing better than ordinary journalist writing articles in everyday newspaper. Even comparing him with authors of monthly articles in some magazines would be over his abillities...

I totally agree with you but you should also try to see it through the eyes of teenagers and others, they are impatient and wish to be smart/popular within a short time. I have read so many times people bragging about reading "The Alchemist" and one day I decided to read it myself, i felt like I was reading a story written for children. It was only after I put in a little bit of thought did the philosophy start calling to me but I can only pity those who feel that they are reading a fantasy. Now that you have mentioned Sidharta, i will definitely make it a point to read it.

I really don't like his books! I had read one... I'm brazilian, then I don't know the english name...And it's not Paolo Cohelio, it's Paulo Coelho. He is from Brazil too.