xisto Community
MacFly

Adobe Illustrator ?

I've always used photoshop for everything. It has always seemed to me to be the best program ever But now that I have used illustrator in my animation classes, I'm starting to wonder whether or not I should start saving up some money to buy it because it's soooo good and I can edit things easily. I've never heard of that many people who use it though, is it not good or something?Does anyone here think it's worth getting? (I think I'm going to go broke after this..) Or should I just stick with photoshop?OoOOo! Is there a cheaper/free program just like it?Thanks~

I have them both, Adobe Photoshop & Adobe Illustrator.... They were together when I got them..I mostly use Photoshop for creating singnatures and graphics...I don't use Illustrator very often, but yeah it's useful.But why do you want illustrator, for animating or for editing some details on your photos?

Hello mymilkshakeThank for your answer...I want illustrator for editing some details on my photos but some people said me that the best software is photoshop whereas illustrator is more useful for editing logos, drawings...

Actually Illustrator is really not for editing Photo's. I use Photoshop for editing Photos and then I use Illustrator for designing. All you need to do is take the names of these programs into consideration: Illustrator (generally means that you are drawing something), Photoshop (Photo... Shop, not graphics shop, Photoshop is made to edit photographs). I can no longer stand Photoshop since I was introduced to Illustrator, now days, I only use it to edit Photos. Illustrator is also used to edit Vectors (resizable graphics), basically a vector can be resized without becoming pixelated. Photoshop works with Raster image so that when you resize it it will be pixelated. I hope that helps.