xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Panzer

What Is A Proxy? I know the basics but please read.

Ok.I play an online game where you need cd keys. You can load bots if you have enough cd keys. The thing that some people do with those bots is flood and spam other channels with them. Ive notice with some of the bots ive used there is a proxy slot open (I dont flood or spam).I hear 'sock 4' mentioned alot, i think thats a type of proxy but can anyone help?Also people talk about 'resting' their proxies??Thanks

Ok.I play an online game where you need cd keys. You can load bots if you have enough cd keys. The thing that some people do with those bots is flood and spam other channels with them. Ive notice with some of the bots ive used there is a proxy slot open (I dont flood or spam).

I hear 'sock 4' mentioned alot, i think thats a type of proxy but can anyone help?

Also people talk about 'resting' their proxies??

Thanks

In many cases, proxies are another word for "gateways". Once I get enough Hosting Points, the website I will have will be a proxy for kids at my school to get through the school's block. It's pretty much a way to access something without actually going to it.

I could be wrong though...

EDIT: Here is my proxy site. I hope this gave you a better understanding of proxies.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
Edited by jtxdriggers (see edit history)

Proxy servers are usually a way to access a site without giving away your IP address. If you IP ban someone from your site they can just login through a proxy server & you'd never know.

Thanks for that everyone, helps clean some stuff up :)A few more issues though.If i log in through a proxy website, will the proxy affect me ingame?Also the 'bots' on my internet game have a space where you put a proxy like 23.54.66.789 or whatever, how do you get those?