xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
icss21

Sentences In Certain Books Which Change Your Life whats yours...

here are some sentences which i think may be very philosophic.from some books iv read.1.if there's a person who you think worths you protecting life long,happy what he/she happies,sad what he/she sads,worry what he/she worries,then the life gets no regrets.2.where make your heart calm,is your home.3.making faults once,twice,third times etc has no relates with the destiny,the space and the time.it just because we have a certain weakness in the character.4.people differ from each other.the day's going to rain so the birdss going to fly.some things we cannot control,then we control ourselves.5.many people will mark the footprints in one's life.no one knows when they come,when they go,where they from,where to go.having given you what he/she should bring to you,he/she will leave.naive people always want to seize their white snowy wings,mature people will stand silently-situ.

Those sound more like quotes. I have some here that are touching too.- you can't change the past but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future.- people are going to hate you, love you, love to hate you, hate to love you.. but the ones that mean the most will always be there.- Isn't it ironic how the one person you wish you could forget is the only person you can't get out of your head.- "If you hate a person, you hate something in him that is part of yourself. What isn't part of ourselves doesn't disturb us." - Herman Hesse.- do you ever wonder what would have happened if you took the left turn instead of the right? * [personal favorite]- sometimes the two people that are meant to be are the last to realize it.- Love is like rumors, everyone hears about it, but you only believe it until you see it for yourself.Mhmm, those witty sayings are what keeps me thinking about stuff and how I should respond to things. Hmm til now I realize these actually can change you a little... lol. =)

This one's a quote by Mr. Wilkins Micawber, from David Copperfield by Charles Dickens:

Procrastination is the thief of time. Collar him!

I know, I know, it's nothing quite spectacular but it's one of the things that rescued me when I was at the lowest point of my life :rolleyes:

Oh, and another one from The Little Prince, by Antoine de Saint-Exupery:

What a queer planet!

No, it didn't change my life but go figure :)

o0o0o0 quotes! i love quotes :rolleyes:

here's 1 that rly changed the way i think about religion in general...not from a book but from the kingdom of heavan movie:

"i will destroy jerusalem, everything within the city that drives men mad""i wonder if it would not be better, if you did.."

here's another 1 from LOTR...simple but brilliant, almost shakespearean:

"war will make corpses of us all

these didnt exactly change my life, but they certainly changed my views....

here's another 1 i rly like, from the movie JFK (and book as well, happy, mr-thread starter? :) )

"Treason doth never prosper, as for it to prosper, none may dare call it Treason"

and here's 1 that i just can't forget, and to say it didnt would be a lie, it certainyl changed my life, in the fact that it made me getting girls 10 times harder than it was before...... :rolleyes:

"Luke, may the force be with you!"

Well, there are a lot. The last one I can remember of is from ARistotle. He says in his "Politics" something like this: "The biggest crimes are not committed in order to cover basic necesities, but to obtain futile things". I don't know what the right translation in English would be, but my point is set, i guess.

Oh man I love quotes too :P

Here are some great ones:

* Life is the movie you see through your own eyes. It makes little difference what's happening out there. It's how you take it that counts.
* Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

* The most expensive piece of real estate is the six inches between your right and left ear. It’s what you create in that area that determines your wealth. We are only really limited by our mind.

* If we command our wealth, we shall be rich and free. If our wealth commands us, we are poor indeed.

* It is the heart that makes a man rich. He is rich according to what he is, not according to what he has.

* It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor.

* The best investments are on main street, not Wall Street.

* Chance can allow you to accomplish a goal every once in a while, but consistent achievement happens only if you love what you are doing.

* As I grow older, I pay less attention to what people say. I just watch what they do.

* In order to do what really matters to you, you have to, first of all, know what real matters to you.

* You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.

* When you are making a success of something, it's not work. It's a way of life. You enjoy yourself because you are making your contribution to the world.

* When you develop yourself to the point where your belief in yourself is so strong that you know you can accomplish anything you put your mind to, your future will be unlimited.

* If you want to make good use of your time, you've got to know what's most important and then give it all you've got.

* People begin to become successful the minute they decide to be.

* Be changed and the world around you begins to change.

* Accept responsibility for your life. Know that it is you who will get you where you want to go, no one else.

Here's one you should all recognize, I hope.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear...

I wanted it to change my life but it was not efficacious until I came across something someone said here on Xisto,

Embrace the fear.

Between them they did change my life.

Every man is given the gates of heaven, the same key opens the gates of hellso very true

this one is not from a book, but from a seicho-no-ie podcast, goes something like"Be like a sun dial and keep track of time only while it is bright"

"Soma is life" - from Brave New World by Aldous Huxley. Soma is a fictional drug described in the book as "All the advantages of Christianity and alcohol; none of their defects. " At the time, really opened my eyes to how conditioned and apathetic people become to the conditions and situations around them, unwilling to change anything simply because it is too inconvenient and doesn't fit into their little bubble.Regards,z.