xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jackkkk26

The Great Debate Of The Perfect Domain

Since the topic "What's better for my site - a domain used for branding or a domain for SEO? " has been debated time & time again when it comes to SEO, I ask for opinions on this:Why can't you just have 2 versions of the domain? First - develop the site based on the SEO-friendly domain. Then buy a branding-friendly version of the domain and do a 301 redirect on it to the SEO-friendly version. This should not produce duplicate content or trigger any type of penalty, and will give you the freedom to use your branding-friendly version of the domain in print media, word of mouth, write on the bathroom wall, etc...So whats your thoughts on this?

nobody has any opinion?umm..why cant you just park the second domainover the first one instead of doing redirects?i think search engines will increasingly becomesmarter and rank more on content than domain namesinto the future.

search engines will increasingly becomesmarter and rank more on content than domain names
into the future.

Hmm, i shall agree with Webz. Search engines develop with the pass of time. In the future things will be different. new ways will be used on rating, etc, so don't be really bothered... :)