xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
gpinvest

Performance About New Windows Vista

This is one article from performance of New Windows Vista.

Performance

Windows Vista is designed to help make you more productive as you work with your PC throughout the day with new features like Sleep, Windows SuperFetch, Windows ReadyBoost, and Windows ReadyDrive.

Windows SuperFetch helps manage memory to get the most out of available RAM while Windows ReadyBoost helps make PCs more responsive by using flash memory devices (like USB thumb drives) to boost performance. Windows ReadyDrive takes advantage of new hybrid hard diskshard disks with integrated flash memoryto help improve battery life, performance, and reliability. With Windows Vista, your system is ready when you are.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Copied from http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ Xisto does not tolerate plagiarism. Read our forum rules again.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

Vista and performance don't belong in the same sentance. For over half the memory of Vista, about quarter of the processor requirements, you can get a decent performing system with KDE that will work just as fast as Vista.

But I have reason to believe the reason why Windows requires so many resources is because of the popular standard programming paradigm of Object Orientation. Object Oriented program requires you to use so many function calls and so many variables honestly It is a big waste of processor time and computer resources. It makes life very easy for a programmer but it makes life miserable for a computer.

i've found that i can do a lot more on a unix or linux box than i can on the same box wi xp pro on it wi afresh install! I kno the programs wor slightly different but u can usually see a difference especially when encoding movies and such. Again i believe it would be down to more effecient code and less module handling which normally blocks up the procesor causing a bottle neck!