xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
gpinvest

What Is Best System For Internet? Windows Vista, XP or 2000 nt server.

Windows XP would be the best as it is stable and many update and security packs have been released for the OS but of course linux hands down is the most secure system to be out their even up to this day.

If you are seting up internet servers, I suguest you turn to Linux.I tryed asp.net 2.0 with windows server 2003 and linux on same machine. windows is much slower than linux system.

Well your question can be understood in various ways. I'll try to answer for all the option so one will probably be the one you are interested in :P As far as security is concerned the wide-spread knwoledge tells us that MAC is the best when it comes to security. Although Windows Vista is also a lot better security-wise in comparison to earlier versions of Windows. So if you want maximum sceurity - choose between the two!Internet has many uses so I assume that you just want to surf and have fun - for a normal user Windows are great for that, because its GUI is simple and everybody knows it nowadays. Plus almost all programs are supported in any windows above 98!If you want to create internet sites, you can also go with Windows or MAC, because the two main programs (Macromedia Dreamweaver and Adobe Photoshop) are both made for both operating systems...Here you go, I hope that clears it up for you a little bit - if you want more specific answers, please post a more specific question!Best whishes

This should help you decide....

Seriously though, it depends on the end-user's preferences. I say this because of the all the viruses one can get. Of course, other operating systems have disadvantages too, in terms of user-friendliness, and varieties of programs. Macs have quite the key-combinations required in order to bring up certain menus. Linux... Linux is quite a thing all on it's own. It's hard to talk about Linux because of the countless numbers of distrubutions there are. But a common thing I've found across Linux distributions id that necessary use of the Terminal. Usually when you need to install a program, but you don't have all the dependancies that program needs, you have to install them through the Terminal.

If you want simplicity and an easy Interface, use Windows. If you want a good amount of security but still want to use programs such as Photoshop, Dreamweaver, et cetera... then use MacIntosh. And if you want to join a minority community of Open-Source, use Linux.

Of course all operating systems take time to get used to. You wouldn't want them all to be similar to Windows, would you? I'd hate that.
Edited by Icarus (see edit history)