xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
MaverickFang

True Free Flow Exhaust

Anybody who has modified a vehicle knows, one of the major power killers is air flow restriction. "Free Flowing" exhaust kits have been out for quiet a long time, but what if back pressure is your enemy? I was thinking, what if after you get past the muffle, changing the size of the pipe to where there is a gap. What if you could get air flowing through this gap, and cause a draft to suck the exhaust out of the muffler/cat that much faster? sure you might loose your high-performance throat... or your rubber band (rivers <_<) but it was a concept i came up with a few months ago.

I can see it might give you a bit more performance. The exhaust would be pulled out of the vehicle rather than pumped. You would have to create quite a strong vacuum before you would notice any results, but if you did I imagine you would get some extra power. It might be worth a try.ps Wow you must of had people stumped. First posted in July and I am the first reply and it is December.