xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
illdevilinc

Toshiba laptop AC Power Issue On a Toshiba Satellite A65-s1067

Hi,i am having a problem with my laptop. It is a On a Toshiba Satellite A65-s1067 and it is 2 years old. It was working last night but today when ever i have the laptop pluged in to its charger the charger, battery is clicking. It even sounds like the clicking is coming from the BIOS when the AC is plugged in and the Battery is taken out. When i am in windows my battery gets drained even though the charger is plugged in, and my computer will not start without the battery for some reason. I also always get messages from windows saying low battery even when it is charging. The LED light on my computer also says charging. And even when my computer is off, it takes forever to charge the battery. If you know of any solutions please reply to this post. thanks,illdevilinc

Can you measure the voltage of the battery with a voltage meter ?Then you can compare this value with the one printed on the bateryThe value should be about the same ( or higher) for a full battery.Or if you can replace the battery with a spare (from a friend or the store) and see if you have the same problem.On my work I had the same problem with a HP laptop.Computer didn't boot up with or without charger connected.Removed the battery and with the battery of my collegue and it was solved.

Edited by kdr_98 (see edit history)

Hi,i am having a problem with my laptop. It is a On a Toshiba Satellite A65-s1067 and it is 2 years old. It was working last night but today when ever i have the laptop pluged in to its charger the charger, battery is clicking. It even sounds like the clicking is coming from the BIOS when the AC is plugged in and the Battery is taken out. When i am in windows my battery gets drained even though the charger is plugged in, and my computer will not start without the battery for some reason. I also always get messages from windows saying low battery even when it is charging. The LED light on my computer also says charging. And even when my computer is off, it takes forever to charge the battery. If you know of any solutions please reply to this post.
thanks,
illdevilinc

Even I use the same toshiba laptop which i imported from US. I stay in India. and our input power is different when compared to US input power. However battery of Toshiba often gets dried out when we keep on using it for years. Minimum battery replacement period is 2 years. I replaced the Battery and the problem got solved.

My laptop Battery is not being charged.Toshiba laptop AC Power Issue

A few months back I faced a problem with my laptop.Even after replacing thebattery same issue rises.When I plug in the power supply the battery is charged but as soon as I turn on the PC battery stops charging.Can anyone help?

-reply by Abdullah

Problem in Adapter of Toshiba LaptopToshiba laptop AC Power Issue

I am having a strange problem in the power adapter of Toshiba L300 (It is 19V , 3.95Amp.).  If the batter is discharged  and the adapter is charging the battery along with supplying power to laptop,  it works fine  but as soon as the batter is fully charged,  the charger starts to sound almost continuously. Though the sound is not so loud, it can be heard when the adapter is near- seems like some relay is switching on/off rapidly.  Actually, its not the sound I am having problem with, but the adapter is drawing AC current from the AC power source very irregularly and when I run the adapter from an inverter (pure sinewave, very good voltage regulation),  all the lights connected to that inverter flickers in exact timing as the sound the adapter makes. So I think some component in adapter is switching on/off the ac input,  may be its trying to move to low power circuits. (The adapter also sounds similarly when it is connected to city supply ). Actually, its been just 2 months I bought the laptop, but due to a minor breakage in its connector, the dealer refused warranty claim. I was having the problem from the beginning.  So, I cut open the adapter, but  due to the white fillers,  I couldn't have good look to every component but as far as visible, I did not see any sort of relay in it. I wonder where the sound came from.

-question by ashish

AC power input problemToshiba laptop AC Power Issue

I am using Toshiba Satellite L300. I just used it for 2 years already.The problem is when I connected to the power supply my laptop suddenly restart or the laptop when stuck(cant do anything, even switch off the laptop),but when I connect to the battery only without using power supply, my laptop working perfectly. I try remove the battery and used only power supply but the same problem occur. I am also change the adapter. The problem still happen. I can used the laptop only using battery. Can anyone help?

-reply by Farhan